Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y - Tesla trunk Storage bins not compatible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla shop says accessory is not compatible with 23 Model Y. Has anyone tried?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 408
The one that tesla sells is compatible with 2020-2021 MY, while there is some design change.
Check this one on amazon, its compatible with Model 'Y' Choose After July 2022 for the Fremont and Austin Model Y 2023

Make sure to copy the link and paste on the browser. The redirect function from this website is not working, when you click the link

Upvote 0
Yes, I bought in February for my Fremont built MYP and had the same experience. Once you figure out the orientation :) the drivers side fits fine. The passenger side needs to be slightly bent in the corners (I later cut the rubber on these corners with scissors, which was: easy, didn’t create any sharp corners that would dig into felt, and looked like it was still out of the box as designed). The carpeted hard top will eventually fit in ok, but it’s tight at first. But, with a few “open and closes,” it settled in and became much easier. Was going to return before I did all this, but now I’m keeping as it works and looks fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems Tesla still hasn't actually fixed this issue.

I have a 2023 Model Y, 5 seater, “full carpet” trunk. I ordered the “full carpet” storage bins, but the one on the passenger side still doesn’t fit correctly. The rubber bin part fits, but the lid does not.

The P/N on the box I received is 1897504-00-A, and it says it’s for "Model Y 5 Seat (Structural Pack)”. My Model Y doesn’t have a structural pack, as it’s a LR AWD built in Fremont.

On advice of my local Tesla sales guy, I ordered "half carpet" ones. They don't fit either, as others in this thread have mentioned. As it stands, I don't believe there are any bins that will bit a 2023 Model Y 5 seater with non-structural pack, but Tesla's shop suggests otherwise.

Upvote 0
The one that tesla sells is compatible with 2020-2021 MY, while there is some design change.
Check this one on amazon, its compatible with Model 'Y' Choose After July 2022 for the Fremont and Austin Model Y 2023

Make sure to copy the link and paste on the browser. The redirect function from this website is not working, when you click the link

These are the ones I ordered, and they fit perfectly, as good as OEM (better, since they actually fit).

Upvote 0
Yeah, I was just looking at those. Do you have a '23 5-seat Fremont build?

I do, yep. The Tesla app kept showing the bins as not fitting, but the OtriFowd ones on Amazon worked great. I think they have an instructional video, because you really have to push one of the sides down firmly, otherwise it seems like it doesn't fit, but it goes in very snugly, and the carpeted lids match the Tesla carpet.

Reactions: iluvmacs
Upvote 0