Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYP impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just replaced my 2020 MYP with the 2023 today. Here are a few thoughts:
- Tesla got a good trade in - my 2020 MYP was wrapped top to bottom with ceramic, no dents, no dings but unfortunately trade-in values were coming down so I made the call to trade it in. Why?
- My 2020 was number 3xx off the line and had a really, I mean really harsh ride. Harsh enough that coffee from a sealed starbucks cup was coming out every time.
- I had no dimming side-mirrors, and I had massive rattle problems with the headliner, rear seat (replaced, but still rattles).

I DO miss the fact I had FSD, USS for parking, and was relatively flawless.

Impressions of the 2023? Well here they are:
- Much better suspension. Not cushy, but it blunts out the hard bumps
- Much better insulation - top down, back front.
- Dimming side mirrors are a plus
- Front and rear headlights much better
- Handling is just as good if not slightly better (perhaps it’s a placebo effect) compared to 2020
- Better center console

There is a slight rattle or cable hitting something noise in the dash, so I’ll have that looked at, and there was a crease in the drivers seat. I’ll bring that in once I have the car wrapped from top to bottom again.

Is it a clear winner? Depends on what you’re looking for. I was looking for a better ride, better build and more insulation. I do miss the USS sensors though…………

View attachment 877373
Very nice feedback. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: CDrury
One thing we don't have is any experience from people that have driven a 2022 and 2023 back to back. 2022 got softer rear springs (at least) and is reported to be better than '20 and '21 models for comfort. If it's further improved upon in 2023, great. But it doesn't sound like it will be a huge difference, from what I've seen on here.

Along this time frame did you or anyone (service) modify the tire pressure? Going from 41 down to 36 (ish) was night and day improvement. No issues at all for me on a MYP 20
Thanks, I will try the reduced tire pressures. But, first I will check the load/tire pressur charts to make sure a lower pressure can safely carry the weight. To be fair, I only experience the really bad ride quality on local residential roads that are poorly maintained. However, even my 2018 Kia Niro PHEV driven on the same roads was more comfortable.

Suspension is very subjective and depends on what car you are coming from.

That being said, I thought my 21 MYLR had great suspension until I rode it for 3-4 months. Then you start to notice things that you didn't at delivery when you were just happy to get the car.

Suspension is very subjective and depends on what car you are coming from.

That being said, I thought my 21 MYLR had great suspension until I rode it for 3-4 months. Then you start to notice things that you didn't at delivery when you were just happy to get the car.
Totally agree. I’ve been driving MYP for 3 weeks and I hate the ride. Great car aside from that. I did put the Tesla 20” winter wheel set with Pirellis on the car, which made the ride worse I think. I feel like I’m driving a stock car.

Happy to have a Tesla, but if I could do it over, I would have gotten something different or just waited for more electric models to be released.

Reactions: bobbyjae