Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 New or 2022 Used MYLR ?

2023 New or 2022 Used MYLR

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been considering MYLR after price cut and tax credit. Effective price for new 2023 MYLR is ( 54630 including fees - 7500, no options/upgrades) ~ 47000.

And found a used very low miles <5k 2022 MYLR with FSD same configurations for 50,000, private sale.

I’m very interested in EAP/FSD but would never buy them on my own because of extra cost.

Would you guys recommend used or new in this case ?
Any drawbacks going with used ?
What are chances of getting free HW4 upgrade if I have used fsd ?
Any possibility tesla removes fsd in future as they have all the records ?

TIA

The USS in the 2022 is very important to me. Double check the one you are buying has them as some very late 22 may not have them.

I don’t think FSD transfer tho even buying private?

The seller of the 22 is taking a considerable loss. I would be curious about the vehicle history and why she/he are selling.

It might be a good deal to get the 22 but I would try for less. A trade offer for that vehicle is likely about 8-10k less even with FSD.

FSD may be more valuable down the road, but right now it doesn't help much with resale. At 12k it made sense to purchase FSD if you were keeping the car for >5 yrs. Now at 15k the break even is 75 months. Better to just go with a monthly subscription IMO unless you plan to keep it until the wheels fall off.

The USS in the 2022 is very important to me. Double check the one you are buying has them as some very late 22 may not have them.

I don’t think FSD transfer tho even buying private?
All 2022s have USS. The first few weeks of 2023 builds also have USS. I have an Oct 14th build date 2022 which was one of the last 2022 builds and when I picked up my car on Oct 28th there were a number of 2023 cars sitting next to mine and all of them had USS.

Reactions: impinth06