Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ships from Baltimore to Europe take about 10 days. The Grande New Jersey left Baltimore on May 23 and it will arrive in Antwerp today, after which it will head to Bremerhaven, where it will arrive on June 3, and then it will go to Australia. I am attaching her programming, although it seems that it is ahead of schedule.
Assuming 10 days, it seems more realistic that my car is still in Baltimore waiting for HOEGH TARGET to make it in Zeebrugge or Antwerp before 21/6.

Got a hidden VIN today, 513xxx. Doesn't find anything on the Hoegh tracking site with it. So unsure on which boat it came on, guess I'll drop by the local store to ask a seldom accurate person for some additional details. :)

EDD shows 29-31 June - however I'm quite sceptical about that..

Got a hidden VIN today, 513xxx. Doesn't find anything on the Hoegh tracking site with it. So unsure on which boat it came on, guess I'll drop by the local store to ask a seldom accurate person for some additional details. :)

EDD shows 29-31 June - however I'm quite sceptical about that..
I would say that your car is not in Europe yet. Finding your hidden VIN is usually a sign that your car is on its way and is onboard a ship.
PATRIOT has just left Baltimore and is due to arrive in Bremerhaven on 14 Jun and Antwerp on 18 Jun.
Although neither of these ports are prime Tesla ports of entry, Tesla may not have a choice.
I would be keen to learn some inaccurate information!! What did they say??

@Mr Miserable your input will be appreciated on the following inquiry -

Around a week ago, the Customs in Israel had a fault in their world currencies software, which caused the DMV to not be able to get updates on Customs release and therefore could not supply vehicle license, which caused the inability to release the cars to people. Not just Teslas BTW.
As suspected before, GRANDE MEDITERRANEO is the carrier of Model Y's and was expected to hit Ashdod Israel on 1.6. During this week it was updated to 3.6 and currently even that seems impossible since it has to stop first on Izmir Turkey.
My suspicion is that she got an order to hold still until the delivery issue is resolved in order not to dock and pay docking fees in vain.
Indeed she held still outside Salerno for few days, and only docked there this morning.
This morning the delivery issue in Israel seems to be resolved as people got their Model 3's and I can't help to think it's related.

Also people who talked to Tesla reps where told the delay in Model Y's delivery is caused now by the ship running late, not by the software issue.

Do you have her current itinerary? Do you think there's a connection between her delay and the delivery issues?
According to the Ashdod port schedule GRANDE MEDITERRANEO is due in on 3 Jun however as you suggest her itinerary has changed and it is suggesting an arrival on 6 Jun. Her next stop is Izmir on 4 Jun. I'm not aware of the reasons behind the delay but doubt it was because of Israeli customs problems. The ship would still deliver to the dock and as always it's up to Customs to release when they have taken their cut.

Reactions: Liorbo
According to the Ashdod port schedule GRANDE MEDITERRANEO is due in on 3 Jun however as you suggest her itinerary has changed and it is suggesting an arrival on 6 Jun. Her next stop is Izmir on 4 Jun. I'm not aware of the reasons behind the delay but doubt it was because of Israeli customs problems. The ship would still deliver to the dock and as always it's up to Customs to release when they have taken their cut.
Thanks @Mr Miserable you're the best

Reactions: Alic01
I would say that your car is not in Europe yet. Finding your hidden VIN is usually a sign that your car is on its way and is onboard a ship.
PATRIOT has just left Baltimore and is due to arrive in Bremerhaven on 14 Jun and Antwerp on 18 Jun.
Although neither of these ports are prime Tesla ports of entry, Tesla may not have a choice.
I would be keen to learn some inaccurate information!! What did they say??
The S/X that came in march to Europe, were delivered late may in Finland, two months after shipped to Europe. So if the cars in US still, I won’t wait for it before August (no matter what the edd says).

And for @JaKa all the data is in my signature.. June 2021 order, blue/black S LR, 19”

02 Jun 23 Summary

VIKING SEA
ETA Vancouver 5 Jun

SUNBELT SPIRIT Currently heading for Tarragona, Spain. Expected to then head to Southampton ETA around 10 Jun. Has RHD cars onboard.

GRANDE CALIFORNIA ETA Zeebrugge on 16 Jun. (Routing via stops in Turkey & Italy)

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT ETA Barcelona 12 Jun

RCC AFRICA dep Pier 80 to Tianjin ETA 3 Jun

GRANDE TORINO ETA Southampton 24 Jun. Not yet positively confirmed to be carrying Teslas but highly likely to be.

MORNING CECILIE More RWD MY for US/Canada. ETA Tacoma 13 Jun and New Westminster (Vancouver) 17 Jun.

HOEGH ASIA which arrives in Zeebrugge on 23 Jun is a possible carrier too. Easily checked if you have a VIN.

I'm not expecting to see any further shipments to EU/UK to depart from Shanghai until July. The revised Model 3 is expected to ship from there in Q3.

A VIN allocation suggests that there could be an MS/MX shipment onboard PATRIOT ETA Bremerhaven 14 Jun and Antwerp 18 Jun. These are not usual ports of entry for Teslas but because of the small number of vehicles involved it may mean that Tesla may not have a choice. This ship then carries on to Southampton and so if the UK VINs don't appear on the HOEGH TARGET (see below) then PATRIOT will be the prime suspect.

There is a probable MS/MX shipment to Southampton arr 16 Jun departing Baltimore on 5 Jun on HOEGH TARGET. If you have been given a VIN keep checking HERE to see if your new LHD MS or MX is onboard. Don't forget to let me know!

I don't track MY shipments from Berlin as a rule however it is believed that GRANDE MEDITERRANEO may be delivering a shipment to Turkey (4 Jun) and Israel (6 Jun). Drammen, Norway has hundreds of MY on the dockside at present.

MY/M3 for Ireland are produced in Shanghai and shipped via Zeebrugge to Dublin.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

• Informative
Reactions: ABCTG and XHabjab
Just spoke with Tesla about my MYLR in Ireland. The agent advised my car is still on a ship from Shanghai but hasn’t yet arrived to Zeebrugge. They also noted it is due to arrive into the Dublin collection point on June 27th with the collection window opening from 28th June. They wouldn’t say, as expected, what ship it is currently on. My EDD with VIN assigned had been 19 May - 3 June and is now 22 June - 30 June.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
To all Tesla Fans,
As most of you know, Tesla Started operations in Turkey. On 04/04/2023 orders started and a huge number of people made orders. I was one of the earliest to make an order most probably in the first 500 people. To date almost 750-1000 VIN are estimated to be assigned. Unfortunately, most of the first orderers did not receive VIN's. Shipments are delivered in a very odd way. No explanation is made. Most of the first batch was delivered to resellers (rumors are inside information was given to some to order with tow hitch, exceptions were seen though).
Now it is told that a batch of 498 cars have come and they are all MYP's and distributed to orders which are supposed to be delivered in the Q3. Customer service gives no information.
Consequently most of us here lost trust to Tesla and think there is not a fair operation.
Hope you don't experience such situation with your orders.

To all Tesla Fans,
As most of you know, Tesla Started operations in Turkey. On 04/04/2023 orders started and a huge number of people made orders. I was one of the earliest to make an order most probably in the first 500 people. To date almost 750-1000 VIN are estimated to be assigned. Unfortunately, most of the first orderers did not receive VIN's. Shipments are delivered in a very odd way. No explanation is made. Most of the first batch was delivered to resellers (rumors are inside information was given to some to order with tow hitch, exceptions were seen though).
Now it is told that a batch of 498 cars have come and they are all MYP's and distributed to orders which are supposed to be delivered in the Q3. Customer service gives no information.
Consequently most of us here lost trust to Tesla and think there is not a fair operation.
Tesla definitely ship cars they have available, if they have more Performance models than LR or standard range coming off the line then that is what they ship and may mean people who ordered yesterday get a car but someone who ordered a LR months ago does not. There is not much rhyme or reason to it as a customer but it's all about maximising plant output with available materials.

Reactions: navguy12
To all Tesla Fans,
Tesla don't build to order. The factories produce what is best for them at the time. Country offices of Tesla don't know what is coming or when until cars are are on the way to them. The VIN allocation is not done in country and the timings of the VIN showers would suggest it is conducted in Texas.
Non-communication from Tesla is completely normal - read post # 1 to this thread.

Reactions: navguy12
I am picking up my MY RWD in Aarhus Denmark today!
Thank you @Mr Miserable for "hosting" this thread with a lot of valuable information, and thanks to every one who has brought pieces of information to the Tesla Delivery puzzle.
I'm still waiting for my MY RWD to arrive in Aarhus - I actually did have an agreement to pick it up on may 26th, but when I arrived, I was informed that they had made a mistake, and didn't know where the car was, so now my EDD has been pushed to june 7-14...
I placed my order on April 6th, and have a 752xxx VIN - it would be interesting to know your VIN and production date if you are comfortable telling that?

To all Tesla Fans,
As others pointed out: what's on the ship what you get.

Important to note is that Performance models have higher margins than the base model, and takers of FSD generate even more margins. So these models have a priority.

Those resellers you talk about probably knew about the nuances on these margins, and capitalised on them. If everyone else ordered a Standard Range, they won't be on the first ship.

I'm still waiting for my MY RWD to arrive in Aarhus - I actually did have an agreement to pick it up on may 26th, but when I arrived, I was informed that they had made a mistake, and didn't know where the car was, so now my EDD has been pushed to june 7-14...
I placed my order on April 6th, and have a 752xxx VIN - it would be interesting to know your VIN and production date if you are comfortable telling that?
Tesla can ping the car and see exactly where it is.

Mr Miserable,
"Drammen, Norway has hundreds of MY on the dockside at present."

- Do you think they distribute the VINs on these cars when they are at Drammen dock or do you think they are already matched up already?

I have a order in for a MYP Quicksilver with EDD 12.-30.6, no VIN yet. Not sure how many more shipments to Drammen there is before the window of June deliveries closes.