Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HOEGH CHIBA, ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar, is now confirmed as carrying Teslas.
There is evidence of RHD to Ireland being onboard too.
Interestingly, after departing Shanghai she stopped briefly in Masan, S Korea.
She is currently just SW of Taiwan and entering the South China Sea.
It looks like she will refuel off Singapore on 06 Feb.

Last edited:
Do we know how long typically the cars take to be prepared once in Southampton?

So if 2500 cars turn up, I wonder how long it takes the Tesla teams to prepare all of them and send them off to their various destinations.
Once unloaded, which can take 24-36 hrs the cars are parked at various places with the Western Docks (Multi-storey car park and outside compounds).
IMG_1004.jpegIMG_1008.jpeg

The cars are then cleaned and prepared in the tented facilities.

IMG_1011 2.jpeg
They are then loaded on to car transporters.
IMG_1007.jpeg

As you can see, the bottleneck on this occasion was the car transporters but I have seen 8 transporters being loaded simultaneously.
It's a well run and efficient process and judging by the steady stream of transporters heading up the A34 within a day of a ship arriving it doesn't take long for deliveries to start. One thing you can be sure of is that Tesla will do their absolute utmost to ensure every car is delivered by the 31 Mar.

Wednesday 01 Feb 23 SUMMARY

MSC IMMACOLATA
ETA Southampton 08 Feb A very quick load at Shanghai South makes me think she may only have 2000-2500 cars at max onboard. She is now in the Med and my calculated estimate of 08 Feb has been confirmed. Whether the Port of Southampton can accomodate her then is another matter and we should find that out on Friday morning.

DONG-A GLAUCOS ETA Barcelona 09 Feb (Looks to be on same itinerary as BOHEME)

LAKE KIVU ETA Zeebrugge 17 Feb.

GRAND MARK ETA Southampton 16 Feb. Currently enroute to Suez ETA 07 Feb - note my revised estimate for her ETA in Southampton.

HOEGH TRAPPER ETA Zeebrugge 22 Feb

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland confirmed to be onboard.

Coming the other way is DREAM ORCHID Zeebrugge - Taipei (8 Feb)

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is free despite being updated via satellite with the latest data available, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Last edited:

MSC IMMACOLATA
ETA Southampton 08 Feb A very quick load at Shanghai South makes me think she may only have 2000-2500 cars at max onboard. She is now in the Med and my calculated estimate of 08 Feb has been confirmed. Whether the Port of Southampton can accomodate her then is another matter and we should find that out on Friday morning.

GRAND MARK ETA Southampton 16 Feb. Currently enroute to Suez ETA 07 Feb - note my revised estimate for her ETA in Southampton.

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland confirmed to be onboard.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is free despite being updated via satellite with the latest data available, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.
Will you have hoegh chiba on the map please @Mr Miserable?

Do we know how long typically the cars take to be prepared once in Southampton?

So if 2500 cars turn up, I wonder how long it takes the Tesla teams to prepare all of them and send them off to their various destinations.

MSC IMMACOLATA

Thanks for your tracking Mr Miserable. I’m in the UK and I ordered a M3P blue and white, via a lease company. Tesla today were able to search via my email and phone number on their systems, since I don’t have a reservation number, and provided me with the following details. My car has been assigned and they have the VIN. They didn‘t want to give that out as it is subject to change i.e. if there is an earlier car available. They did confirm that my car is on the Grand Mark and they provided me with a rough delivery date of between 8th and 15th March. Really nice guy on the phone who said the ship is full and delivery can be dependant also on where in the ship the car is positioned. I called because I want to take a quick week somewhere before March and if it was on the MSC I would have had to shelve that plan. Once again thanks for all your help.

Once unloaded, which can take 24-36 hrs the cars are parked at various places with the Western Docks (Multi-storey car park and outside compounds).
View attachment 902080View attachment 902082

The cars are then cleaned and prepared in the tented facilities.

View attachment 902083
They are then loaded on to car transporters.
View attachment 902084

As you can see, the bottleneck on this occasion was the car transporters but I have seen 8 transporters being loaded simultaneously.
It's a well run and efficient process and judging by the steady stream of transporters heading up the A34 within a day of a ship arriving it doesn't take long for deliveries to start. One thing you can be sure of is that Tesla will do their absolute utmost to ensure every car is delivered by the 31 Mar.
Awesome breakdown and explanation, thank you.

model 3 performance white with black interior ordered sep 22 but had some issues obtaining trade in price so think i missed a car been matched at end of last year but now got a collection slot for manchester on 10th march

Thursday 02 Feb 23 SUMMARY

No change from yesterday

MSC IMMACOLATA

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland confirmed to be onboard. She will appear on the map soon, promise.

Am i right in thinking that the Grand Mark will be the last ship to the UK this quarter?

My delivery date is 15-30th March, so i presume my M3P White, Black is onboard this ship. Am i just unlucky with my delivery date being a month after docking?