Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Tax credit and enhanced autopilot on MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time poster, so pardon if I don't get the vernacular right. About to schedule delivery of MYLR (lucky for me, price is going to be adjusted for the new price drop since I don't have delivery yet). I purchased the enhanced autopilot. This takes the purchase price over the $55K for the 5-seater. however, was told that "sw updates" do not get included in the price for the tax credit $55k cap (like tax, title, and delivery fees). Can anyone confirm this or comment on this please?

Thanks!

I have changed my order with the app, and yesterday - before the chaos,, I was told that I could use the Remove option and then add it after delivery. I was basically going to roll the dice and do just that as I got closer to my delivery date. Not having to play that lottery now, but who knows, I suspect as we get close to the final IRS rules, the battery issue and the whims of Tesla will continue to make these decisions a roll of the dice with the heart of a gambler.

Upvote 0
I have changed my order with the app, and yesterday - before the chaos,, I was told that I could use the Remove option and then add it after delivery. I was basically going to roll the dice and do just that as I got closer to my delivery date. Not having to play that lottery now, but who knows, I suspect as we get close to the final IRS rules, the battery issue and the whims of Tesla will continue to make these decisions a roll of the dice with the heart of a gambler.
Yes, I ended up calling and removing EAP. Will add it back after taking delivery. also agreed on the IRS rules and "who knows what's covered" state of affairs. Government trying to do the right things but tripping over itself!

Upvote 0
Is there a way to get a subscription for EAP? I don't have that option. I know there's a $99 monthly subscription for FSD if you have $6,000 EAP, but not sure if there's one for EAP if you don't have either now.
Good question, maybe not. That said even the full $199 for a month of FSD would probably be a good investment to try things out before you commit the full 6 grand.

The only thing even moderately useful for most people in EAP these days is auto lane change, which is very nice, but not worth $6k IMO. NoA, summon, autopark, etc. are basically party tricks.

Upvote 0