Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Toyota Prius Looks Shockingly Cool

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Note that that 58 isn't EPA 58. The Prime was rated at 39 miles by the same testing method.
Prius Prime is rated 25 miles EPA, so the additional capacity (13.6 kWh total v 8.8 kWh total), if the usable proportion is increased, could get it somewhere close to 40 miles.
Yeah, not seeing where any article claimed 58 miles, most that have a number saying something between 36 and 39 miles...

It's about time Toyota put that drivetrain and efficiency into a body that doesn't look like a goofy nerd-mobile...

Now if only Toyota would get with the times and wrap that body around a good EV drivetrain and stop relying on hybrids to maintain their green image. The Prius has been out for 20+ years now and I've been waiting for Toyota to fully electrify their fleet for at least 15 years, but their lack of progress has been highly disappointing, not to mention their outright hostility to EVs by endlessly bashing them through advertising and lobbying.

I know the "great person" theory of history is rarely true, but I wonder if the David Hermance, the driving force behind the Prius, hadn't died in a plane crash in 2006, then maybe Toyota wouldn't have gotten stuck in their hybrid "rut".

I hate sticky privates. You don't know what you are missing until you have it. Just like autopilot.

How about you?
@dipper I had perforated leather in one car. You know...it was a little nicer on a hot day than plain solid leather. It looked great too IMO, a bit of a sporty touch, which matched the persona of that car (a sporty turbo stick shift wagon). No active ventilation in those seats though so it wasn't a drastic difference. My next car had alcantara with leather bolsters and those seats were wholly superior in every way.

That said vinyl like Tesla uses these days is pretty much the worst for sweaty back/butt/balls. The Model 3 vinyl is as nice as any, probably the best I've sat in or gripped (steering wheel), but it's still sweatier feeling than even solid leather like in our Model S (which itself is fairly utilitarian-feeling leather).

So I think what I really want is a sportier seat with alcantara at least for the middle, but failing that, probably I would put seat ventilation to use on hot days. 👍

Just another car, with a similar size to the Tesla Model 3, but with a hatch back.

Come-on Tesla, why not updating the 2023 Model 3 with a hatchback, it will outsell the Model Y.

The Model Y is great, but for Europe or Asia, the Model 3, or even a shorter version,
would be more convenient, especially if a hatchback was finally available.