Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Chevy Blazer EV: Up to 320 mile range, MSRP between $45-$66k, plus a “Police Pursuit” model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not the YouTube ads, but (1) being paid directly or more likely through third party by the manufacturers and, more important (2) have access to new vehicles to have something, anything, to show on YouTube.
1: Not that I've seen, at all, ever.
2: Yep, that's true. That's a form of compensation, and a very real one. You can see that play out via the coverage of preview/pre-release vehicles, and how carefully they all toe the line on embargoes.

But the extent to which many of them praise Tesla about some things and yet still complain about no buttons tends to tell me they're not being bought in the sense that was implied.

But the extent to which many of them praise Tesla about some things and yet still complain about no buttons tends to tell me they're not being bought in the sense that was implied.
This is Edmunds. Take their MYP they got in 2020. They've been using it for two years hammering the *sugar* out of it, racing it vs everything from C8's to Lambos, and it beats everything in between yet this crap on it for silly things. It's hilarious, take two year old hammered to death EV, wonder what its degradation is and they keep launching the hell out of it and are not appreciative of Teslas engineering prowess.

This is Edmunds. Take their MYP they got in 2020. They've been using it for two years hammering the *sugar* out of it, [...].
Edmunds isn't the "YouTuber" demo I was talking about. Consider TeslaBjorn ... has to borrow Teslas to test them because there's no manufacturer support at all, but is given pretty much every other car possible to test by the manufacturer.

Still ends up praising the hell out of Teslas, considers them the benchmark. And bitches about V11 taking away easy access to controls relentlessly, and likes having more buttons than Tesla has.

(Edmunds also really managed to mess up their range testing in a way that's pretty damn suspicious and doesn't match anyone else's results)

My lights are on Auto and it's daytime so they're off., I hit a sign saying "headlights required". I'd rather not flash my high-beams at the car in front of me. Where's the button/stalk to turn on the lights?

My windshield wipers are are on auto, but are going insane because auto sucks. Where's the button/stalk to turn them off? (hit the "wipe" button on the stalk, then GO TO THE SCREEN to adjust the speed/frequency)

FWIW, I drive a model 3.

I have mine in Auto + DTRL on, so I don't have the above issue. Then I just have to decide if I want auto-high beams or not (usually not, find that feature annoying).

Reactions: cusetownusa
Edmunds isn't the "YouTuber" demo I was talking about. Consider TeslaBjorn ... has to borrow Teslas to test them because there's no manufacturer support at all, but is given pretty much every other car possible to test by the manufacturer.

Still ends up praising the hell out of Teslas, considers them the benchmark. And bitches about V11 taking away easy access to controls relentlessly, and likes having more buttons than Tesla has.

(Edmunds also really managed to mess up their range testing in a way that's pretty damn suspicious and doesn't match anyone else's results)
Oh I didn't mean Edmunds is the one you were referring to, but that this is like Edmunds in a nut shell. They "had" buy their MYP since Tesla doesn't give cars away for press, so they have this like built-in prejudice against the one EV that is slaying everything they put it up against and is paying them huge returns for all their MYP vs everything videos on Youtube.

Yes, not a drivable one though

So one of these?

1658511069755.png

If it sells an EV to someone who otherwise would see it as a deal-breaker, that's fine. I once chatted to an I-Pace owner who said they couldn't cope with the Tesla screen. They were younger than me, I just didn't get it, but fair enough.

More models produced in volume, the better. Eventually the best designs will come to the fore, for each type of buyer. We're just at the start of the EV revolution/optimisation slope.
I agree. There definitely is room for EVs with traditional controls. I quite like the Tesla Model 3 approach myself, but it is not for everyone. I know of one person in particular, a relative of mine, who had ordered one and was on the point of taking delivery, but who backed out primarily for that reason. This is an older person who also has a lot of trouble managing their iPhone and who said that they did not want the same experience with their car.

The one thing that I do NOT like with the Model 3 interface is the wiper controls. The auto setting is pretty much unusable and the manual controls are not well designed. Even without a wiper stalk, the controls could be much better implemented on the screen. I think that feeling is shared by many who otherwise are Tesla fans.

Last edited:
Tesla Model Y Long Range is a $49K vehicle with a $17K "market adjustment".

Since Tesla doesn't have dealerships, Tesla just keeps the "market adjustment" for itself.
So what you are saying is that with Tesla everyone pays market adjustment. With other EVs you might have to depending on particular circumstances.

With Tesla's pricing there is a lot of ground in the market available to other EV makers.

In Canada, a 1LT or ID.4 is essentially half the price of a Model Y and somewhat limited in dealer mark up as they both qualify for the federal rebate here. By 2024, market adjustments will be more limited by competition as well.

The specs of a Y or 1LT or 2LT don't matter. For someone who doesn't have close to $100k CAD to spend on a car a Model Y is out of the question.

Although I'm not a dealer or GM fan after going through the Bolt debacle, at least I know others are trying to serve the market that I and many other middle class people can actually afford.