Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Chevy Blazer EV: Up to 320 mile range, MSRP between $45-$66k, plus a “Police Pursuit” model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's do a price comparison

Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium (303 mi): $48,775

KIA EV6 WIND (310 mi): $48,795

Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE (303 mi): $44,000

Chevy Blazer EV 2LT (293 mi): $47,595

Tesla Model Y Long Range (318 mi): $65,990
Once the dealers do their markups, the others are in line with a Tesla model Y. Heck dealers are selling the EV6 by for 70k.

I’d much rather pay Tesla to have that money go to R&D, TSLA shareholders or employee compensation than some BS dealership.
The problem is that in case of Ford, GM, Kia, etc. this "adjustment" does not go back to the manufacturer to invest in products and factories. So Ford has admitted they sell Mach-E for loss now.
At the end of the day, it doesn't make a difference to the consumer.

I would choose the Honda Prologue EV over the Chevy Blazer EV. This is a joint effort between Honda and GM.
Thank you for that, Sparkland. I'd love for other auto makers to offer affordable, good quality EVs. However, when you click on "specs" it goes to a picture that is linked to nothing. That is typical for every EV announcement I've ever seen. Hype first, disappointment later. I'm skeptical: no one except Hyundai and $100k+ EVs seem to have thought about efficiency (for range) and charge speed like Tesla, and that will really hurt EV adoption.

(So Chevy is killing the bolt in favor of the "super-advanced" but more expensive other models, which advertise 70 mi range in 10 min. At the low end of the charge curve, my Y adds like ~50% in 15 min, ~158 mi in 15 minutes. That is not linear, in 10 minutes it would add much more than 2/3 of that, 105 miles. So Chevy's new and more expensive system is beat by today's Tesla by >50%. That's pretty disappointing. Let's hope that Honda does better. )

• Informative
Reactions: Bob2C and SO16
Thank you for that, Sparkland. I'd love for other auto makers to offer affordable, good quality EVs. However, when you click on "specs" it goes to a picture that is linked to nothing. That is typical for every EV announcement I've ever seen. Hype first, disappointment later. I'm skeptical: no one except Hyundai and $100k+ EVs seem to have thought about efficiency (for range) and charge speed like Tesla, and that will really hurt EV adoption.

(So Chevy is killing the bolt in favor of the "super-advanced" but more expensive other models, which advertise 70 mi range in 10 min. At the low end of the charge curve, my Y adds like ~50% in 15 min, ~158 mi in 15 minutes. That is not linear, in 10 minutes it would add much more than 2/3 of that, 105 miles. So Chevy's new and more expensive system is beat by today's Tesla by >50%. That's pretty disappointing. Let's hope that Honda does better. )
Right now and probably for the forseable future there is no manufacturer that comes close to charging speed and charging network that Tesla has. I take my MY everywhere and never have to worry about charging.

Reactions: SO16
Right now and probably for the forseable future there is no manufacturer that comes close to charging speed and charging network that Tesla has. I take my MY everywhere and never have to worry about charging.
Plenty of anecdotal data show that non-Tesla chargers suck with a capital SUCK, have absolutely terrible reliability. However, there *are* faster charging cars then Tesla. The Ioniq and EV6 architecture is faster. 10 to 80% in under 17 min. reference: Kia EV6 Charging Speed: How Fast Is It?SlashGearhttps://www.slashgear.com › kia-ev6-charging-speed-... and One fast charge in the Kia EV6 told me everything I ...Inversehttps://www.inverse.com › innovation › one-charge-in.... 800 Volt architecture totally rocks. Tesla is 400V architecture (but otherwise allows more amps, so don't think it is 2X as slow, it's not.). That's really key for road trips because when you do them on abetterrouteplanner or similar, you will see that you stop for just about as long in the EV6 as the Tesla Y, even though the EV6 range is inferior. You just spend less time charging.

So *if* you can find a non-tesla charger that actually works (I've never seen it, but there are youtube videos...), AND *if* it's a fast one (250kW and higher are rare on all of my routes) AND *if* you can get the app downloaded, AND *if* you can get the sign-in working, AND *if* you can get the payment accepted ... AND *if* there is another non-Tesla charger where you need it that works... then you're fine.

I range far and wide with my MY and never had any charging or range problems. On long trips with co-pilot, I confess it could be just a little faster charging sometimes. Driving by myself on long trips, I drink more tea and coffee, and I actually wish I needed *more* charging stops for peeing and napping. Seriously.

Happy wanderings.

-TPC