Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Chevy Blazer EV: Up to 320 mile range, MSRP between $45-$66k, plus a “Police Pursuit” model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buttons are not "features". They are individual items with a failure rate.

Many (most?) people prefer clean and lean designs to "buttons everywhere". Obviously things like window controls need to remain, etc. But even "traditional auto" is reducing their button counts, and finding that customers are happy with more controls integrated into the touchscreen.

You are correct about the heat pump Ultium (thank you Tesla for showing everyone how that is a good thing).
Many professional reviewers said that they would rather have physical buttons than having to go through multiple screens to access a setting.

Many professional reviewers said that they would rather have physical buttons than having to go through multiple screens to access a setting.

Honestly I don't care one bit what "professional" reviewers say today. I value consumer reviews by actual owners much, much more.

In any case, I knew as soon as I spent a day driving a Model 3 that I loved the interior, at that point no reviews by anyone could dissuade me. I can form my own opinion at my age. :cool:

I'm not the biggest fan of the interior, but I think it looks fine TBH. Most of the people buying this car will be first time EV owners (not Tesla owners.) I dont think selling something that offers some level of familiarity (with current cars) is necessarily a bad thing. There's still roughly 95% of the US car market that needs to transition to EVs, so there's gonna have to be alot of different vehicles to suit various needs, wants, and price points.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Many professional reviewers do the bidding of the advertisers. Most journalists principal role now is to sell advertising. Often a reverse indicator. I'll look forward to Bjorn Nyland's shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit & in depth description of why it's so naff

Honestly I don't care one bit what "professional" reviewers say today. I value consumer reviews by actual owners much, much more.

In any case, I knew as soon as I spent a day driving a Model 3 that I loved the interior, at that point no reviews by anyone could dissuade me. I can form my own opinion at my age. :cool:
If I have to go to screens after screens to access a setting, it’s often easier to just press a button.

I still don't care for it. No frunk, no heat pump, decent range but it likely has a huge battery pack compared to Teslas to get that range. The interior is just too busy for me, I've been spoiled by Tesla interiors I guess.

I still hope it sells well though.
All this PR looks too much as Nikola to me. It is beyond me how they talk about very specific range for specific trims not only before EPA ratings, but even before even making a vehicle. The vehicles shown are non-functioning mules. Look at the cables under the vehicle in this screenshot:
snapshot.jpg

If I have to go to screens after screens to access a setting, it’s often easier to just press a button.

I drive Tesla's daily. It is VERY rare to go beyond a swipe and a push to get anything I need. And the vast majority is one push on the existing screen.

Crap that is infrequently access should NOT have a dedicated button. It's a waste.

…and?

The point remains

The point is MOOT. Traditional auto is CURRENTLY PAYING "PROFESSIONAL REVIEWERS" for clicks on their "coming soon" product.

Tesla was 3 years ago giving out referral gifts for people you referred in and made a purchase. THEY HAVE SO MUCH DEMAND THEY HAVE SINCE STOPPED THAT, and yet people still refer their friends to Tesla. I've given hundreds of test drives in my Model 3 performance, and loaned it out several times to friends and family. Personally, I've facilitated at least 50 sales for Tesla on cars, and 20+ on powerwalls, all with ZERO compensation.

Sorry, but GM "loyalists" don't have that same level of zest for their product. Corvette aside (that's a nice ride).

I'm not the biggest fan of the interior, but I think it looks fine TBH. Most of the people buying this car will be first time EV owners (not Tesla owners.) I dont think selling something that offers some level of familiarity (with current cars) is necessarily a bad thing. There's still roughly 95% of the US car market that needs to transition to EVs, so there's gonna have to be alot of different vehicles to suit various needs, wants, and price points.
If it sells an EV to someone who otherwise would see it as a deal-breaker, that's fine. I once chatted to an I-Pace owner who said they couldn't cope with the Tesla screen. They were younger than me, I just didn't get it, but fair enough.

More models produced in volume, the better. Eventually the best designs will come to the fore, for each type of buyer. We're just at the start of the EV revolution/optimisation slope.

The point is MOOT. Traditional auto is CURRENTLY PAYING "PROFESSIONAL REVIEWERS" for clicks on their "coming soon" product.

Tesla was 3 years ago giving out referral gifts for people you referred in and made a purchase. THEY HAVE SO MUCH DEMAND THEY HAVE SINCE STOPPED THAT, and yet people still refer their friends to Tesla. I've given hundreds of test drives in my Model 3 performance, and loaned it out several times to friends and family. Personally, I've facilitated at least 50 sales for Tesla on cars, and 20+ on powerwalls, all with ZERO compensation.

Sorry, but GM "loyalists" don't have that same level of zest for their product. Corvette aside (that's a nice ride).
Imagine if your professor accuse you of cheating on the exam.

Your response is “I stopped cheating after the previous exam”.

That’s how poor of a response your argument is.

If it sells an EV to someone who otherwise would see it as a deal-breaker, that's fine. I once chatted to an I-Pace owner who said they couldn't cope with the Tesla screen. They were younger than me, I just didn't get it, but fair enough.

More models produced in volume, the better. Eventually the best designs will come to the fore, for each type of buyer. We're just at the start of the EV revolution/optimisation slope.
I actually ran into a similar situation with my grandmother when I let her drive my M3P. The car was so different from her Juke, that she got confused a few times. She doesnt have the greatest dexterity, so things being on a touch screen arent really her forte. She hated having to use the display to manually turn on the headlights (she lives off of a road that requires them to be on.) It's something I never thought about, but I guess something being on a touchscreen doesnt necessarily make it accessible for everyone.

Over the summer, I worked in Iceland for a few weeks and was surprised by the variety of EVs on the road. They had most of the ones available here in the US (Teslas, Mach-E, Kia/Hyundai, etc), but they also had some really cool looking city EVs (reminded me a bit of Japanese Kei cars.) The coolest one I saw was the Honda E; which seems like the perfect city car for moving around the Reykjavik area. Alot of the gas stations had CCS chargers so I wonder if the US ever got to ubiquitous EV charging infrastructure, we could see more of these smaller range EVs here.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Tesla does that too with the referral program and free Tesla Roadster
The Tesla OWNERS were the ones who received the referral rewards, not “professional” reviewers that just test drove a car.

You sure are trashing Tesla and pumping non Tesla quite a bit here. Between this and EA pumping on other threads, it’s kinda funny. And sad.