Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Chevy Blazer EV: Up to 320 mile range, MSRP between $45-$66k, plus a “Police Pursuit” model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Imagine if your professor accuse you of cheating on the exam.

Your response is “I stopped cheating after the previous exam”.

That’s how poor of a response your argument is.

Seriously? I don't even know where to start. You are defending the company that DECLARED BANKRUPTCY a decade ago, was bailed out by the taxpayers, and STILL HAS NOT paid them back.

There's no "cheating" with a referral program. If anything it's MORE HONEST than paying a professional journalist to write blatant lies about your product.

Same reviewers that are paid by traditional auto advertising?

Thought so.
Actually, many cases no? The YouTube crowd, for example, is never sponsored by traditional auto advertising and YouTube acts as the firewall. (The creator has no idea who buys ads, and zero control or influence)... and a lot of them also like (some) buttons.

I also like more buttons than Tesla does: I want physical buttons for
* Defog front windshield
* Headlight control
* Windshield Wiper control

i.e.: things that can require fast activation (tunnels) while in motion. Do I need a physical button for resetting the trip thingy? No... that was a thing you might need prior to GPS-and-Navigation-Everywhere, but not anymore. Heat Seaters can wait for later, no need for dedicated buttons, etc.

I actually ran into a similar situation with my grandmother when I let her drive my M3P. The car was so different from her Juke, that she got confused a few times. She doesnt have the greatest dexterity, so things being on a touch screen arent really her forte. She hated having to use the display to manually turn on the headlights (she lives off of a road that requires them to be on.)

Over the summer, I worked in Iceland for a few weeks and was surprised by the variety of EVs on the road. They had most of the ones available here in the US (Teslas, Mach-E, Kia/Hyundai, etc), but they also had some really cool looking city EVs (reminded me a bit of Japanese Kei cars.) The coolest one I saw was the Honda E; which seems like the perfect city car for moving around the Reykjavik area. Alot of the gas stations had CCS chargers so I wonder if the US ever got to ubiquitous EV charging infrastructure, we could see more of these smaller range EVs here.
Norway has more, often first to get new Chinese ones (but Germany is not too far behind as so many reviewers based there) - UK only has 137 Model/trims available (with another 31 upcoming) EV Database

Eventually these and many more will come to North America and other markets. It's just a matter of time, production, scale, raw materials, refining etc. If the Chevy Blazer can be part of it, that's great, but I'd prefer other options. BTW, shouldn't they avoid fire sounding names? Chevy Cheetah/Cosmic or something

• Informative
Reactions: randmness
Actually, many cases no? The YouTube crowd, for example, is never sponsored by traditional auto advertising and YouTube acts as the firewall. (The creator has no idea who buys ads, and zero control or influence)... and a lot of them also like (some) buttons.

* Defog front windshield
* Headlight control

i.e.: things that can require fast activation (tunnels) while in motion. Do I need a physical button for resetting the trip thingy? No... that was a thing you might need prior to GPS-and-Navigation-Everywhere, but not anymore. Heat Seaters can wait for later, no need for dedicated buttons, etc.

Unless you are on a Plaid S or X, the above all are on buttons or stalks (3 and Y). Exception being the defog.

You guys do know you can move "most used functions" to the bottom of your MCU? So if there is something you use a lot, BAM, it's right there at one click.

That doesn’t change the fact that Tesla is giving free vehicles to people promoting Tesla.

The KEY DIFFERENCE - those people DISCLOSE that they get stuff for free. They are not penalized if they say something bad about the product (being on referral was NOT conditioned upon good reviews).

Traditional media - they KNOW if they write something negative about an advertiser, they will lose their advertising money.

One is ALL ABOVE TABLE, the other is 100% behind closed doors. *cough* Edmunds, Car and Driver, etc. *cough*

See the difference?
Also you KEEP comparing something that was closed 3 years ago, when Tesla was 1/10th the current size, to what is going on NOW and has been for decades for traditional auto.

The KEY DIFFERENCE - those people DISCLOSE that they get stuff for free. They are not penalized if they say something bad about the product (being on referral was NOT conditioned upon good reviews).

Traditional media - they KNOW if they write something negative about an advertiser, they will lose their advertising money.

One is ALL ABOVE TABLE, the other is 100% behind closed doors. *cough* Edmunds, Car and Driver, etc. *cough*

See the difference?
Also you KEEP comparing something that was closed 3 years ago, when Tesla was 1/10th the current size, to what is going on NOW and has been for decades for traditional auto.
https://m.youtube.com/c/mkbhd

Plenty of his videos doesn’t disclose that he’s getting free Tesla Roadsters

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke

* Defog front windshield
* Headlight control

What would be a great addition is to give you 3 or 4 (or maybe 6) buttons that you could configure as 'shortcuts'.

I've read a lot here about comparisons.

The Blazer, Mach-E, ID.4 and all the other EVs with base prices under $50k are not competitors with the Model Y.

If you can afford a Model Y LR or MYP, you're not in the market for a Blazer 1LT or 2LT. They would be direct competitors if Tesla still sold the Y SR RWD for what they sold it for when they had it last year.

I have the Y SR because it was CAD$56k. It was at my stretch ceiling and if I hadn't been able to grab one I'd probably still have my Leaf as a daily driver. If I did have a new vehicle it would probably be the ID.4 ($50k - $5k rebate) because it's the only one with similar towing capacity.

Now a YLR is similar to a Lucid Air Dream Edition. Nice car, but out of my price range so it's not happening. If I needed another car I'd be shopping in the 1LT, 2LT price range of which there are now many options from many different manufacturers.

For comparisons sake, the Y SR was single motor, just under 400km range, max charging rate 176kW (very briefly). That's not far off from the Blazer EV's specs either.