Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model X Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read there are some enhancement to brakes, new red colour and lighter glass in the 2024 model. When would production shift over (new red is already available)?

Keep in mind this is Tesla and the spec will likely be different in 3-6 months.

I bought two “2020” models months apart and they had quite a few differences. Month later and it was different again.

To me it seems the refresh on the S / X is a stopgap before more changes come.

Acoustic glass, rear screen, noise cancelation, better battery cooling, higher charge rates, better efficiency, higher performance, bigger screen, swivel screen, phone as key are all cheaper?

Good points.

Poster was asking about what was likely to happen next. I based my response on the recent changes, perhaps I should have been more clear and said most recent, such as post refresh.

Mainly, removal of Radar and USS are cost driven and take away features. I do see that clearer glass and larger rear screen as not being cost driven, and desireable.

HW4 and cameras appear to be upgraded, but for now remove features such as summon and parking accuracy.

Reactions: Nickos
Good points.

Poster was asking about what was likely to happen next. I based my response on the recent changes, perhaps I should have been more clear and said most recent, such as post refresh.

Mainly, removal of Radar and USS are cost driven and take away features. I do see that clearer glass and larger rear screen as not being cost driven, and desireable.

HW4 and cameras appear to be upgraded, but for now remove features such as summon and parking accuracy.
I’m sure HW4 computer and cameras are not cheap either.

They will always find ways to save money but they also know they need to keep folks attracted to new innovations.

It’s a tricky balance. I suspect we’ll see both and nothing to huge over the next year. I think we’ll see big changes in 3, Y and CT for the next year or so and minor improvements and cost savings on S and X.

No radar has been no issue for me. But I do have USS. I would not be happy with no USS and curious how things go on that front.

I think some of it was parts shortages.

Wonder if they're seriously contemplating pulling the plug on the S/X altogether, like they did with the RHD versions.
I was wondering a lot about that too, before and during the refresh plan. Now that they have invested in the S/X refresh production line and it's running, I find it unlikely they'll pull the plug before the refresh generation is through. Since there was no RHD refresh production investment, in that sense that plug wasn't pulled. Evidently it was pulled from planning though since you could order in RHD countries with no mention of LHD only.

Regardless of the much Higher price price and even much lower sales compared to the cheaper 3 and Y they still make a fortune on the S/C dollar and percent wise. Also a good test bed for tech that can eventually roll down to 3/X.

Regardless of the much Higher price price and even much lower sales compared to the cheaper 3 and Y they still make a fortune on the S/C dollar and percent wise. Also a good test bed for tech that can eventually roll down to 3/X.
Do you have any data to quantify "still make a fortune"? Genuinely curious as X/S last quarter accounted for just 4% of total production volume.

Do you have any data to quantify "still make a fortune"? Genuinely curious as X/S last quarter accounted for just 4% of total production volume.
Only 4 decades in the industry running the books for multi billion dollar projects along with friends and colleagues that I know in the industry in the finance, sales, and marketing sectors of same or similar industries.

So no, nothing my NDA will allow me to publicly share just because no one takes anyone’s word for anything anymore and even then they just cry fake news anyways.

These are just conversations based on personal experiences and not investment opportunities so I don’t have cold hard and multiple independent and documented sources with undeniable knowledgable evidence is required for every conversation on the forum.

Sorry not personal statement against you but the way everyone is obsessed with fake news, conspiracies, and documented proof to even get get someone to believe you when you say your alive and your standing right in front of them hooked up to blood oxygen, blood pressure, pulse rate, and every other piece of med tech.

“Prove it or you’re wrong and a lier” seems to be the prevailing comment on any topic these days. And even if you do prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt they deny ever saying anything to the contrary.

So fun.

Reactions: Propofoln
Only 4 decades in the industry running the books for multi billion dollar projects along with friends and colleagues that I know in the industry in the finance, sales, and marketing sectors of same or similar industries.

So no, nothing my NDA will allow me to publicly share just because no one takes anyone’s word for anything anymore and even then they just cry fake news anyways.

These are just conversations based on personal experiences and not investment opportunities so I don’t have cold hard and multiple independent and documented sources with undeniable knowledgable evidence is required for every conversation on the forum.

Sorry not personal statement against you but the way everyone is obsessed with fake news, conspiracies, and documented proof to even get get someone to believe you when you say your alive and your standing right in front of them hooked up to blood oxygen, blood pressure, pulse rate, and every other piece of med tech.

“Prove it or you’re wrong and a lier” seems to be the prevailing comment on any topic these days. And even if you do prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt they deny ever saying anything to the contrary.

So fun.

Solid post. I like you. 😂

Reactions: jeremymc7