Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2027 Model x Coolant low only 24k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the Tesla service center scam me? Got a low coolant warning ‘17 Mx with only 24k miles. Sc replaced valves 3 and 4 claiming they were both leaking. Charged ~$240 for 4 way valve ~$185 3 way valve and $171 to flush and refill coolant. They also attempted to charge an extra $95 diagnostic fee. Total paid $654 after complaining to get diagnostic fee waived. Other threads I’ve seen claim the coolant flush was included. Ughh who can we trust these days😖

What were your expectations around the cost of repairs and maintenance for this car? How much did you pay for the car?

Nothing in your story sounds scammy. Indeed, nothing in your story even sounds expensive. You got off easy. Count yourself lucky. This time.

Not too late to get a 3rd party warranty to cover stuff like this that will come up in the future. And it will. Me personally I'd be budgeting $2-5k *a year* to handle the repairs that will be required to keep a five year old X alive. I don't mind doing this out of pocket. If you do, you either bought the wrong car or you need some kind of warranty/insurance coverage.

Reactions: jboy210
Upvote 0