Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20x10 wheel, 255 square tires or 275 square??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pccw

Apr 14, 2021
Toronto
Hi guys,

I just purchased some 20x10 wheel, wondering what are your thought on tires, will 275 square hurt the range a lot?

the reason I am considering 275 is the extra protection to the rim, hoping it would have some more protection to the curb! 255 on 10 inch is a little stretch so not much meat there...

what do you guys think?

Another vote for 275. I am running 255/45/19 on 19x10 but will be switching over to 285/40/19 on next tire replacement. 255 on 10" wheel is a bit stretched.

HF5_19%22.png

Reactions: PNW_Y
I have 275's on my 20x10 wheels. Coming from the 21" Ubers I'm still getting better range.

How is the range difference on the high way? Assuming you made changes to the tires too? The uber's seem to have a very efficient design plus the elect version of the p zeros.

I have a MYP coming and trying to decide to keep the ubers vs run a 20 inch set up like inductions or replika r241.

How is the range difference on the high way? Assuming you made changes to the tires too? The uber's seem to have a very efficient design plus the elect version of the p zeros.

I have a MYP coming and trying to decide to keep the ubers vs run a 20 inch set up like inductions or replika r241.
I have the P Zeros too on this current set. As for the highway I am still seeing better efficiency than the ubers but not by much. I can't recall the number wh/mi but it was minimal.

Hi guys,

I just purchased some 20x10 wheel, wondering what are your thought on tires, will 275 square hurt the range a lot?

the reason I am considering 275 is the extra protection to the rim, hoping it would have some more protection to the curb! 255 on 10 inch is a little stretch so not much meat there...

what do you guys think?
Go 275. More wheel protection and a better ride.