Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21” Arachnid Referral Tires Advice Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to rotate my referral 21” arachnids on my 2017 75 S and I found out they were staggered: 245 in front and 265 in rear. I got 12k miles on the rear. I didn’t realize I had staggered. Is this normal for the old referral 21’s. Any advice would be great. Fronts are fine and don’t need replaced but having RWD has pretty major drawbacks!

I went to rotate my referral 21” arachnids on my 2017 75 S and I found out they were staggered: 245 in front and 265 in rear. I got 12k miles on the rear. I didn’t realize I had staggered. Is this normal for the old referral 21’s. Any advice would be great. Fronts are fine and don’t need replaced but having RWD has pretty major drawbacks!
You were smarter than the service center that rotated my arachnids front to back ... definitely caused some issues for me. I actually have 2 sets of arachnids but went back to the 19”s because of tire costs and the 21”s don’t last that long.

So yes staggered is normal. I found they had way better performance than the 19” wheels but you go through tire’s really fast in the 21”

• Funny
Reactions: dark cloud
There is no rule or law that states you must have soft, fast wearing summer tires on your 21's.

You can go from the Supersport's to the Michelin Pilot Sport all season 4's which will increase the wear rating from 300 to 540. There are other options as well.

If you really want to rotate then get another set of Arachnid's for $2000 and sell the 4 -265's to someone who damaged their rears. Easy to do since you are in California.

As much as I love the Arachnid look I can't justify the extra expense. I have a performance model and I can't get my 19's to break traction 99.9% of the time, and I like the added range and the looks of the cyclones. Just my opinion.