Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21” arachnid or 19” base

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, do the 19s on the plaid really come with all season tires? That sounds pretty terrible. I wonder if they turn down the torque just to maintain traction?
Seems they are summer. See this thread 19" tires on Plaid and LR
Agree with you on the Zeros, I'd personally prefer PS4 rubber on those. I do like the look of them, but might got with the TSportline TS5 when they become available for the refresh later in the year (what they said when I asked). Here's the pre-fresh version TS5 20" Tesla Model S Wheel and Tire Package (Set of 4)

Seems they are summer. See this thread 19" tires on Plaid and LR
Agree with you on the Zeros, I'd personally prefer PS4 rubber on those. I do like the look of them, but might got with the TSportline TS5 when they become available for the refresh later in the year (what they said when I asked). Here's the pre-fresh version TS5 20" Tesla Model S Wheel and Tire Package (Set of 4)
Why are TS wheels for the 2021 refresh literally double the price for the exact same wheel design and diameter than they are for 2020 and earlier lol. I'd understand a few hundred dollars but 3800 to 7700?

Reactions: Drew-MS
For those who are wondering what the 19’s look like without the hubs and with T logo caps and lug nut covers, here you go … I picked white T’s and gloss black caps to match the calipers
71788EDB-6267-4110-8E4A-81954C5A1EF4.jpeg
45B7EF85-30E2-4D3C-9DB0-5553A1EDE4BB.jpeg
6A243249-6F6F-473F-B285-5FF84C5F8C17.jpeg

For those who are wondering what the 19’s look like without the hubs and with T logo caps and lug nut covers, here you go … I picked white T’s and gloss black caps to match the calipers
Those are pretty nice looking. Has anyone confirmed what they weigh compared to the 21s? I'd imagine they are a little lighter, improving performance a bit. But, the tires aren't as wide as on the 21s, reducing grip slightly... The rims are just as wide, so perhaps you could go slightly wider on a replacement tires?

19’s are just as fast as 21’s
I'm guessing you are on the right? And that's with the stock 19 wheels and tires?

Seems to match up with these numbers on drag radials.

and here:

How is the cornering performance on the 19s?

I'm guessing you are on the right? And that's with the stock 19 wheels and tires?

Seems to match up with these numbers on drag radials.

and here:

How is the cornering performance on the 19s?
Yes that was on stock everything. I even had the hub caps, rear shelfs, and even charger in the frunk.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Has anyone tried putting the old 21'' Arachnid Wheel on a refreshed S?

I have a new set sitting in my garage that I am gonna put on my up coming S. I know the size is different, but I think its gonna fit. Wonder how it would look.

Has anyone tried putting the old 21'' Arachnid Wheel on a refreshed S?

I have a new set sitting in my garage that I am gonna put on my up coming S. I know the size is different, but I think its gonna fit. Wonder how it would look.
The original Arachnids are great forged wheels that will fit without a problem, but you will need spacers for the correct offset.

• Helpful
Reactions: DukeofURL
For those who are wondering what the 19’s look like without the hubs and with T logo caps and lug nut covers, here you go … I picked white T’s and gloss black caps to match the calipersView attachment 702787View attachment 702789View attachment 702788
Since I STILL DON'T HAVE A CAR!!!! lol. can someone please drive with and without the hubcaps on and give us a full detail report of how much more / less energy use between the two. I am "kinda" okay with the hubcaps off but my commute is ~100 miles a day and after having iteration of Model S since 2015 I am more interested in range now more than looks / performance.

I didn’t know any difference in range on a 40 mile one way commute with hubcaps on and off. It burned about the same % of the battery. Hubcaps are way too ugly and taking them off is a big improvement and it also exposes the painted calipers that you can match to the caps. It’s a much better look.

Having said that, I will be putting my 19’s up for sale in about a month if anyone is interested!
CB54AF1D-2B85-4DF5-9A87-DD51219AC8A3.jpeg

Reactions: Drew-MS
I didn’t know any difference in range on a 40 mile one way commute with hubcaps on and off. It burned about the same % of the battery. Hubcaps are way too ugly and taking them off is a big improvement and it also exposes the painted calipers that you can match to the caps. It’s a much better look.

Having said that, I will be putting my 19’s up for sale in about a month if anyone is interested!
View attachment 703969

Your 19s look good with the black/white center caps. I’m still not sure if I prefer the look of the 19s with the aerocaps on or off.