Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21” arachnid or 19” base

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only if you buy mine
Does anyone want to buy 19 OEM’s next month? I’m buying new wheels and they arrive then. Not ready to post in the for sale forum yet since it’s a month out but this seems like a good targeted audience to ask.

View attachment 704499
100% interested in your 19 OEMs. I'm a poor soul in Minnesota and my delivery isn't due until the snow starts to fall (and my 21s are simply not going to cut it in the snow).

Hi all, apologies if this has already been mentioned I’m a previous thread. Have seen the articles about how the arachnids/corresponding tires will be needed in order to hit 200 mph when the software update comes. I plan on going aftermarket regardless, but just making sure that ordering the Tempest 19’s with the original stock spec wouldn’t cause that software update to not be pushed through to my VIN. I’ve received conflicting answers from Tesla, and Unplugged Performance didn’t seem to know the answer either.

I would be shocked if it did. You’re far from the only person to go aftermarket. And I plan to have 19s for the winter. So it would be silly to do anything based on the original car config. That and there’s no way the software can tell what wheels you have on (I mean perhaps with sensors and drag measurements) but otherwise I’d think you’re fine.

I would be shocked if it did. You’re far from the only person to go aftermarket. And I plan to have 19s for the winter. So it would be silly to do anything based on the original car config. That and there’s no way the software can tell what wheels you have on (I mean perhaps with sensors and drag measurements) but otherwise I’d think you’re fine.
Got it, thanks! Didn’t know if they’d align it to the original VIN config.