Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21” Arachnid Rims (OEM option) for Tesla Model S or X (2012-2020) TAMPA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
21” Arachnid Rims (OEM option) for Tesla Model S or X (2012-2020)
Tampa, Florida

$1000 FIRM - straight with cosmetic imperfections.
Local pickup please. Can meet in the Town N Country area.
Tires and pressure sensors are not included.
Sonic Silver color. All four original Tesla center caps are included.
Sold as a set of four only, no singles.
Will not fit 2021+ S/X or any year Model 3/Y due to lug pattern.

THE SHORT STORY
The rims are 100% straight. I imagine most will want them repainted, so they are priced accordingly and the price is firm. I had a shop swap out my rims before I left town, so I placed them in storage. After a few months, I went back to clean up some minor curb rash for resale and noticed how badly the shop marked-up the rims. I started to touch-up the blems, but I have decided to focus on other priorities. I am including the remaining paint brush pens and spray cans that I recently purchased, if you want to go that route yourself.

THE LONG STORY
Condition:
I am the third owner and have had the car for two years. At the time of the wheel swap (Nov 2022), the car had 63k miles on it. I guesstimate the rims to be at least four years old, showing minimal normal wear from small rocks and tire changes. Two of the rims had some minor curb rash that I had planned to fix fairly easily. I had a shop swap the wheel set for me, and it appears that they were sliding the tire iron across some of the protruding spokes when trying to remove the low profile tires. I’ve used tire machines and I can tell that they only needed to place a rag over the spokes to prevent this, so it’s very frustrating to see. There are dings where they failed to use a non-marring socket to remove the lugs with an impact - another silly mistake. Also, there are small marks that I believe are from their tire machine clamps. These marks are along the inboard area of each barrel so cannot be seen when installed. I did not bother to contact the shop for restitution due to me waiting so long to look at them closely - my mistake. Anyways, I started to address all these issues a few weeks ago, but the job is going to take longer than I wanted to spend on it.

Pics: Most of the minor blems did not photograph well due to them not sticking out enough, so I did my best to show some of the worst offenders. Others I had already started to touch up, so they aren't as obvious in photos. Personally, I would have all four professionally refinished at this point. However, the majority of the problems are not terribly easy to spot unless you are looking directly at the rim - many may not catch the casual eye at first glance. Despite what the photos may or may not tell you, please understand that these tend to go for $2000 on the used market in excellent condition - these are not in excellent condition, so you should probably expect to pay an additional $400+ to get them repainted to their $2000 price point.

Specs: Set of four forged 21” Arachnids, aka “referral Arachnids'' for 2012-2020 Model S & X. The rims are the original Sonic Silver and staggered, with the fronts measuring 21x8.5 and the rears 21x9.0 - they weigh 26lbs and 27lbs each. Despite being the largest set, these are also the lightest rims ever available from Tesla for the 2012-2020 Model S/X. All four have the 5x120 pattern and a +40 offset. These will NOT fit the Model 3, Model Y, or 2021+ Model S/X.

Miscellaneous: Stance on them is very sporty - I really liked how they looked and they cornered very well. Range/efficiency on them is surprisingly good compared to other Tesla factory wheels, likely due to their weight. I am including the paint brush pens ($42) and spray cans ($56) that I recently purchased, if you want to try to fix the blems yourself. I am also including the original Tesla lug nuts and center caps. No valves/pressure sensors.

Attachments

• rim4.jpg
    rim4.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 141
  • rim1.jpg
    rim1.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 71
  • rim2.jpg
    rim2.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 80
  • rim3.jpg
    rim3.jpg