Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Arachnid Rims on Model X - Load Ratings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you upload some better pics? Side view as well? Thanks’ considering the same thing but with powdercoated black arachnids.
What exactly is the minimum load rating required for the front and rear wheels. Looking at some rotary forged wheels and they all are 1650 load rated each front and rear

Load rating stamped on the inner aspect of each wheel: 650kg front and 750kg rear. Would be underspec if you used it to tow but just good enough using it as a car.

Attachments

• 07E0A49A-F2D1-47E1-9FA1-1694E2BC9E56.jpeg
    07E0A49A-F2D1-47E1-9FA1-1694E2BC9E56.jpeg
    592 KB · Views: 331
  • 21201462-E1CF-4FDE-95C2-3535E13D5D2E.jpeg
    21201462-E1CF-4FDE-95C2-3535E13D5D2E.jpeg
    630.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Informative
Reactions: Cowby
I’m still waiting for someone with a ludicrous enabled P100 to do the arachnids as I’m quite chicken to be the first guinea pig to test it out. My fear is the rims won’t be able to handle the stress of constant ludicrous launches with the heavier weight of the 100. What do y’all think?

I had a 2nd set of arachnids and when they arrived at the SvC, I showed up with my X for mounting.
They refused :( and provided many reasons for not doing so including weight, handling, towing and warranty. I didn’t argue but would love to have them on the X too. I picked up 15-20 range miles on my S compared to my 21” turbines.

Would love to hear about someone that’s run the arachnids on the X for at least 6 months?

I had a 2nd set of arachnids and when they arrived at the SvC, I showed up with my X for mounting.
They refused :( and provided many reasons for not doing so including weight, handling, towing and warranty. I didn’t argue but would love to have them on the X too. I picked up 15-20 range miles on my S compared to my 21” turbines.

Would love to hear about someone that’s run the arachnids on the X for at least 6 months?

Yes, I’d love to hear back from @leh22a since it’s been about 4-5 months for him/her now.

I’m actually planning on putting 2 rear arachnids sets on the X to give it better load rating as well as a square setup configuration.

Some spacers would really complete the looks and give it a more flush appearance.

Has anyone done this ?
Did you finally square up a set of arachnids? :D
Must see before the one year anniversary......

I kind always had 2 sets, lol....just too chicken to do it till now. Anyone else wanting to do this should surely go the 2 rear arachnids approach....phone pics coming!

Those look super! What did you do with the fronts? I love the arachnids, great look and I picked up 20 miles of range at 90% vs turbines. I have another set of arachnids and an X, so I could make both cars square. No need for me to be chicken, I’ll just let you ride them for awhile first. :D

Reactions: Cowby