Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Arachnid Rims on Model X - Load Ratings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm rocking these custom BBS 21" unplugged performance rims on my X and luv them. I had the stock 22" onyx rims before but decided to go down rims 21" for a smoother ride
20200814_130641.jpg

Reactions: FlatSix911
they'll mount without spacers but looks funny....I will stick with 275...thought about going to 265 for fronts but prefer a square setup for tire rotations
Cowby, would 265/40/21s allow for low suspension setting?
I feel that losing the ability to use the low suspension setting would affect efficiency

or is there some other configuration that will allow for low suspension?

it took me 2 years to find four rear black arachnids, ha ha.

For what it's worth I've been running 21" Model Y Uberturbines on my X for 5mo now with zero issues...other than the GF touching a few curbs since the tires are a bit stretched from the factory.

For what it's worth I've been running 21" Model Y Uberturbines on my X for 5mo now with zero issues...other than the GF touching a few curbs since the tires are a bit stretched from the factory.

James, this thread is about arachnids... and the Model Y has a completely different bolt pattern than the X...

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I understand that but I got the same questions when it came to handling weight of the wheels themselves with everyone saying the Y wheels couldn't handle the curb weight of the X...much like some are saying about S Arachnids on an X.

I'd have reread the thread but I don't recall if offsets were mentioned...I think some spacers might be needed to clear the suspension but for sure to get a decent flushness.

Y
I understand that but I got the same questions when it came to handling weight of the wheels themselves with everyone saying the Y wheels couldn't handle the curb weight of the X...much like some are saying about S Arachnids on an X.

I'd have reread the thread but I don't recall if offsets were mentioned...I think some spacers might be needed to clear the suspension but for sure to get a decent flushness.
You don't have Y wheels... the bolt pattern is Literally not compatible.. you have uberturbines made for the X by tsportline:
Which means the weight was made to handle it

Y

You don't have Y wheels... the bolt pattern is Literally not compatible.. you have uberturbines made for the X by tsportline:
Which means the weight was made to handle it
I know what I have better than you do. These are 21" Model Y wheels, NOT 20" TSportline wheels. The guy I bought them from has 20" TSportline wheels in their place...he's going for range, I'm going for looks. I also had to buy wheel adapters to convert them from 5x114.3 to 5x120...literally making them compatible. It's also literally written in my signature. This would be the 2nd time you've commented without comprehending what you're reading first...read, comprehend, then respond.

PS - Please don't try to save face by giving me a speech about your opinion on adapters either because I've already discussed that as well and proper installation will disprove whatever armchair arguments you might try to throw around.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NJturtlePower