TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

21" Arachnid wheels

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sir Guacamolaf, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

Is there any information on the specs for these wheels?
    Weight/Durability/Ride quality/Noise?

How do they compare with the 21" turbines?

2. Reeler

Reeler 6 Years of Pure EV

I hope they fit a Model X as I "earned" a set and that is all we own. The picture only shows a Model S with them on and I don't think they were ever a Model X option.

3. Sir Guacamolaf

And I hope the Model X 20" fit the S .. since I'd much rather prefer those over the 21's :) .. anyone willing to give it a try?

• Like x 1
  4. Reeler

I would like to know that too. My Model S on order would get the 20" ones from my Model X.

5. syswei

syswei Member

I read somewhere that the 21" Arachnids are forged whereas all other Tesla OEM wheels are not, so presumably the Arachnids are lighter and stronger.

6. Sir Guacamolaf

Yes, Arachnids are forged, and the stock Tesla wheels are cast (both the 21" and 19"). The Arachnids are most likely lighter than even the 19" wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if they land around 25lbs weight (the 21" are 35.2 and 19 are 30ish I think). Also they'll be stronger, but I am not sure by how much. So I am hoping they'll be tougher on potholes.

That said, the tires are still going to be soft and summer friendly. So I'd still suggest that Arachnids is a summer wheel, and 19" are for winter.

7. Sir Guacamolaf

Also, the car is going to look amazing with Arachnids. The turbines are far too common now, esp. with the redesigned 19".

8. Reeler

I agree. Turbines are the "new beige."

• Like x 1
  9. FequalsMA

FequalsMA Member

the 19's look even worse.
    great that those drivers are rocking a model S and perhaps they live in inclimate areas but those wheels do very little for the car's appearance.