TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

21" Arachnids coming soon

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Jeff4155, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Jeff4155

Jeff4155 Member

Sorry if this has been posted before, but as I recall the Arachnids were never available to the public unless you received a certain amount of referrals, but I do see them now on the Tesla Gear website as coming soon.

Tesla — 21" Arachnid Wheel

2. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

Enough demand I guess or the referrals were a way to get them pre-release.

3. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.42

They were previously listed for sale online before the referral program offered them as prizes but I can't recall if they were actually available for sale or "coming soon".

4. jgrgnt

jgrgnt Member

This morning, Elon tweeted "yes" when asked if the Arachnids would ever be sold to the public.

Looks like Tesla is getting their page ready.

5. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

That's a bit disappointing. I recall the original referral reward page said something like them being exclusive to the program. Kind of takes away the nostalgia of owning a set.

6. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Yes, they were for sale for $7k! (I think for the same Wheel+Tire+TPMS package). There's a thread here somewhere talking about them when they were first offered.

8. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

I don't know how I feel about those wheels, they just look large and a bit clunky for some reason to me. The turbines are just so good.

9. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

The Arachnid wheels are significantly lighter which is why Motor Trend used them for the recent testing of the P100D. I like the look but not the price obviously :)

There are a number of lightweight aftermarket options that make a significant improvement in handling and acceleration.

10. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

Oh I agree about the forged wheel benefits. I was speaking aesthetically. As a racer I know the value of unsprung weight on each corner and as an engineer I understand the value of it for range ha.

I don't like the price either so I guess I just need a bunch of people to use my code to buy Teslas

• Like x 1
  11. DHG.

DHG. Member

Sorry, but these are ugly. Turbines are the best looking wheel Tesla offers. Audi and Porsche make the nicest wheel hands down. My subjective opinion is indisputable.

• Funny x 3
  12. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

I think the Porsche 918 wheels are amazing and then Alfa's wheels found on the Guila are super cool.

13. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

I Disagree ... the Arachnids are a well balanced design and look far better than the boy racer turbines :cool:

Elon also agrees ... ;)

Grey Arachnid wheels.jpg Arachnid wheels Red.jpg 21” custom Arachnid wheels.PNG Silver Arachnid wheels.jpg

• Like x 1
  14. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

Well Elon likely doesn't have to pay for them and he obviously likes the turbines as well or they would have never made it to the production line ;)

First picture they look good there, maybe just the silver gives me issue

Second quoted pic that jerk doesn't look like they have a hang tag or plates to be parking there!

and hey I am not a boy racer ... I am a man racer!:p:cool:

15. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

The last photo is reportedly Elon's Model S ... :cool:

16. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

well he is a jerk if so he definitely is not handicapped unless you say being too smart and having tons of money is a handicap lol

17. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

The owner of my Crossfit gym does the same thing with his Jeep. Not that anyone who is disabled is going to be going into a Crossfit gym, even still, the next spot over isn't a disabled spot. I've called him on it a few times, but he still does it (there are no other businesses around, it's exclusive parking for the gym).

And the same with Elon. That's the Hawthorne parking lot, I'm sure he knows there aren't more than X number of disabled people who need to park there.

But still, both are examples of really no class. Just because you're "the boss", you can park in a regular spot just like everyone else.

Maybe Steve Jobs could get away with it because he was a real ashhole, but that's not what we want to think of when we think of Elon Musk -- they guy who parks in handicap spots "because he can".

• Like x 1
  18. Jeff4155

Jeff4155 Member

Off topic but in our little town they will crucify you, just saw in the newspaper two police officers who parked on a disabled parking spot, and they are headline news.

• Like x 1
  19. GTIceman

GTIceman Member

I like this, sorry OT again, because police officers are not above the law. I think they should be sanctioned, fined, whatever when they do things and try to get away with it because they are cops