TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

21" Gray Wheels - How much should I sell them for?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sosinc3, Aug 1, 2014.

1. sosinc3

sosinc3 Member

I have a set of four 21" Gray Turbine Wheels - Looking to find out how much I should sell them for before I list them. Here are the specifics:

All wheels have been professionally cleaned and have no damage, scuff marks, etc. The rear wheels include the Michellen tires and have about 85% life left. The front wheels do not include tires. All wheels are missing valve stem/TPMS.

Any suggestions for a fair selling price would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. zwede

zwede 2013 P85+

My rule of thumb for used items in good condition is 50% of new.

Used tires I'd say less than 50%, though.

3. sosinc3

sosinc3 Member

Thanks. The wheels are currently being professionally cleaned and refinished and polished to get rid of any little scratch etc. What I am really hoping for is for actual dollar amount suggestions based on the information provided. I really appreciate any help. I want to be fair without losing out.

4. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

2500-3000. The missing tpms is an issue because the buyer will need to pay for dismount and remount to install. Some people have gone above 3k but those have the sensors.

5. dennis

dennis P85D

I sold mine with 6000 miles on the tires and TPMS included for $2800. That was consistent with other similar wheels offered for sale at that time.

6. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I have a brand new 21" silver turbine with a brand new PS2 tire on it. Bought it as a spare. 0 miles, wheel caps, and i could leave the tpms sensors. Any thoughts on what I should ask for it?