TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

21" Grey Arachnids (used) $4000 shipped

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by efusco, May 23, 2017.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Just testing the market.
    I had these 21" Grey Arachnids mounted by Tesla about a month ago and have put a couple thousand miles on them in that time. No curb rash/dings/damage. They're on a 2012 Model S, so I don't know if the TPMS are different than the later models that display the pressure inside the car or not. They are staggered width. Would include the center caps of course.

I'll ship them to you for $4000 or you can pick them up from me in Nixa, MO (or some nearby location where I can easily drive to meet you) for $3500.

I realize used are not as desirable, but I wanted to try them out and while I like the looks, the energy hit isn't worth the appearance given how often I need that extra 10 miles of range.

arachnid at supercharger.JPG

2. Navin

Navin Member

I'd like to buy them. Can you pls PM me.

• Like x 1
  3. efusco

Spoke with Navin and did some further research. Somewhere between VIN 40,000-50,000 the TPMS sensor brand was changed to Continental brand TPMS. I have VIN 1267, and thus I have Baylong brand sensors that will not work with the later model Teslas. If you have a VIN beyond the 40,000 mark these sensors will not work and cost about $150 each (per my service tech) to replace.

4. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

Efusco, I just sent another PM

5. efusco

Got it, looks like we have a deal!

6. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

Paypal payment sent.

7. Jeffgtx

Jeffgtx Member

Did you suffer a range hit going from 19s or turbine 21s?

8. efusco

From 19s. I typically got around 280-290Wh/mi on my 19s in a moderate weather month like May, on the Arachnids I've been in the 320s.

BTW, sale complete, rims shipped this morning, thanks all for your interest...apparently I should have had a higher price on them!

Also, for future reference. Cost about $570 to ship from Missouri to Washington state via UPS with them doing the packing and insuring each rim for $1000.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  9. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

No - the set of 4 costs $200 and any tire place can install. Been there, done that.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

I already have a spare set that I purchased from Tesla for $300 CDN plus tax. The swapping of the TPMS at my tire shop and remount and balance will be another $150 in labor.

• Informative x 1
  11. Cowby

Cowby Supporting Member

If it's $150/wheel then I'd seriously shop around if I were you.

$50 (usd)/piece for each TPMS. If your shop is charging $100 for mounting and road force balance then that ain't a bad price for all 4 wheels.

12. dmd2005

dmd2005 Member

$150 for all 4 wheels dismount, remount, balanced, and to swap the TPMS sensors.

• Like x 1
  13. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the cost out here pretty much anywhere you go.

I just couldn't go back to the stock wheels with my summer tires after buying these 19" turbine ones, Canadian made Replika R187, for my winter tires:

Winter Tires and Rims - Canadian Availability

So I just bought another set of the Replikas last week. These cost under $200Can/wheel (and are a quality Canadian made product) so it doesn't take long to have the rims pay for itself given the costs to switch over twice a year. Plus, it's apparently better for the tires not to keep stretching them on and off rims. The car can also remember up to 8 tpms so no reprogramming involved, although it's not difficult to go through the programming in the car. I did that with the universal tpms sensors I bought for the winter rims, which were cheaper than the ones from Tesla. The shop just has to set them for the vehicle once first, then you go through the vehicle programming.

With my older large frunk, one wheel on the rim fits in there perfectly, and I take a jack, etc. with me when I travel, especially when I drive down back roads, that are gravel by my cabin, where there's no cell phone coverage. It gives me peace of mind to have that spare.

14. dhh12

dhh12 Member

You were pretty close to the market - if you look at the sets that sold on ebay - one for $3200 ( no tires) and one for $5000 including shipping - you were right there -

The other threads here keep recurring because they are over priced for the market. I'd rather sell in 5 minutes than spend a month squabbling over a few hundred dollars.

• Like x 1
  15. SD Diver

SD Diver Member

Like the avatar, but gotta go with Ford/Kennedy/Enterprise CVN 78-80!

16. dhh12

dhh12 Member

All I know is the Ike.....

17. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

I agree you were right on the market.

18. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

< 2014 VIN ~50,900 = Baolong
    >2014 VIN ~50,900 = VDO (Continental)

• Informative x 2