TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

21" Grey Turbines have winter tires - which summer (or all season) tires should I buy?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by sammyfan711, Jun 27, 2016.

1. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

21" Grey Turbines have winter tires - which summer (or all season) tires should I buy? I'm going to buy at Discount Tires and have them store my 19" Slipstream wheels and tires and also take the winter tires off and store them.

I think all season tires will do for 3 seasons and then I'll switch back to winter tires in December.

Which tires would you recommend?

My plan is to put the 19" tires back on for long road trips and enjoy the 21"'s year round.

What do you think of this idea?

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

There are lots of threads on 21" non-OEM summer tires. Try the 'search' function.

I have the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2s on my 21" rims, and like them a lot. Low noise levels, 1/2 the price of OEM tires, good tire wear.

I also have Hankook Ventus S1 Nobles (all season) on my 19" rims for winter months.

3. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

4. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

Awesome, thanks!