TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

21 inch non staggered wheels?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Screwbal, Apr 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Screwbal

Screwbal Member

Hey all,

I know there's a dedicated section for sell/buy but most people with wheels are out of state and don't want to ship if they can avoid it. To keep local I figured I'd ask here if anyone had a set of 21 inch wheels they maybe want to part ways with. If anyone does hit me up!

2. KrenGrl

KrenGrl Member

I don't understand what is a "staggered" wheel?

3. Screwbal

Screwbal Member

The older S's had a wider rear wheel vs the newer ones are the same size. I'm not actually sure if a staggered setup fits on th newer ones but I've seen it stated the staggered ones can't be rotated front to back.

4. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

Staggered were/are for performance vehicles, e.g. P85, p85+, p85d, etc. the rear wheels are wider . I'd be surprised if they were not still on p100d cars today.

They are interchangeable, e.g. I run 21" winter non-staggered and 21" staggered summer wheels with no issues0

5. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

All Model X's are getting a staggered set up as well. 10" wide rears and 9" wide fronts. Yes, that's on both the 20" and 22" wheel options. Although I think maybe the winter set ups may offer a square set up all the way around.