Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21 MSLR Refresh Passenger Footwell Light Really Dim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was playing around with the ambient lighting in my MS I just got not to long ago and see the passenger side footwell is super dim on mine. Is this normal? I can see the strip but dang is it worthless for me.

Anyone care to take a pic of their footwell on a refreshed S so I can compare? Highly appreciated!

They are pretty dim, the fronts (both driver and passenger side). With the car in park, the rear passenger bench lights are way brighter. The side rear passenger lights turn off when the car is in Drive, but in park that whole rear space is much brighter.

Reactions: JaeTheDev
They are pretty dim, the fronts (both driver and passenger side). With the car in park, the rear passenger bench lights are way brighter. The side rear passenger lights turn off when the car is in Drive, but in park that whole rear space is much brighter.

Mines insanely dim. Drivers side is ok, but passenger side is dim in park. You’re right about the rear. Super bright in comparison.

Mines insanely dim. Drivers side is ok, but passenger side is dim in park. You’re right about the rear. Super bright in comparison.

Yep, both my Ss have been that way. I'm guessing it's something to do with not distracting the driver at night. This change came to the yoke after an update, too. Originally I found the yoke buttons far too bright at night, - when I got my first S last August. Since some software update or other, the yoke buttons are now suitably dim for night driving.