Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21 Performance Y 20" Tire Size Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I have read through too many posts and forums about Replacement Tire Sizes for my 21 Tesla Model Y Performance. Now I am thoroughly confused. I already bought the T Sportline TSS 20" Wheels that are 10" for all 4 wheels. They are 40 offset.
I am now figuring out which tire size to go with. I have narrowed it down to the Michelin All Season 4s, but am stuck between putting on 265/40R20 or 275/40R20 on all four wheels. Tesla is showing their Induction Wheels are 9.5" wide with 45 Offset and are 255/40R20. But my new wheels are 10" wide with 40 Offset.
Does anyone know if either size will work better and is recommended without rubbing, etc? All I know is the 265 size is about $100 more expensive per tire than the 275s. I can't seem to get the 255/40R20 in Michelins so that seems to be ruled out, plus I want to avoid as much side wall roll as possible as I live in Ohio and want as much Sidewall as I can get on the 20s. Not going down to 19s at this point, already have wheels in hand.

The 265 and 275 are bigger diameter than the stock size, so your speedo will be off. Michelin Pilot Sport AS 4 does come in 255/40R20, TSportline sells it packaged with the TSS.
Only thing is it is the 255 is very stretched because the TSS wheel is 1/2" wider than even stock wheels. I just got 20" TST with PS 4 summer tires and they are very stretched.