Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody tried a hardwire with the mirror tap lately? 🔌

No need for the long wire runs to the kick panels or center console. đź‘Ť

Pair with a Blendmount and you'll have an ideal under the mirror position.... looking to transfer over my Uniden R7 from my Model 3 this way to the soon-to-be X.

I have tried that but it did not work for my HW4 MXP. I believe the video is for an HW3 MX but have not been able to find the correct cables to tap into in the HW4. On the other hand I only spent 10-20 minutes trying. If you are successful let us all know!

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I have tried that but it did not work for my HW4 MXP. I believe the video is for an HW3 MX but have not been able to find the correct cables to tap into in the HW4. On the other hand I only spent 10-20 minutes trying. If you are successful let us all know!
Did you try the red and black one under the cover on the driver side?

Additional info on this thread for 2023 MX with HW4:

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Nobody tried a hardwire with the mirror tap lately? 🔌

No need for the long wire runs to the kick panels or center console. đź‘Ť

Pair with a Blendmount and you'll have an ideal under the mirror position.... looking to transfer over my Uniden R7 from my Model 3 this way to the soon-to-be X.

Super useful video and guide. Thank you!!! Just did it on my 23 MX. At 1st wasn’t working because the power wasn’t going to the camera and didn’t power that radar. But after turning the car off/on, everything works fine.

I ended up getting the trailer brake harness and was able to install my V1 today. Used the same wiring technique as this thread but took the power wire towards the driver footwell area and tapped into the trailer brake harness connector. Works great, turns on when door opens and radar turns off when door closes.

Reactions: bhzmark