TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

21" Rims - 2nd rim crack in 6 months??

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by alpal, Dec 14, 2016.

1. alpal

alpal Member

Has anyone else experienced any rim cracking on their 21" tyres? I don't recall hitting anything (potholes etc) that hard to experience this, not to say I haven't for sure. Now the second tyre in 6 months? They are less than twelve months old. Bloody nuisance!

2. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

I've got 21'ish....no issues thus far (touch wood)....however I have read on these forums of many people with cracked 21's.....I just assumed it was due to bad roads.

-ECIT

3. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

I blew two 21s (FR, RR) in a big sink hole and miraculously the wheels survived just fine.

4. Keiron

Keiron Member

Ive just done a trans Californian trip San Diego thru to Sacramento with my brothers P85 ( earlier version no TACC ) on 19"s and the road quality was super crappy much of the way. Sheering points on concrete road slabs was really bad so I'm not at all surprised 21" cant cut it in the states but I've run 64,000Kms approx over every square inch of Victoria so far with no damage so far other than tyre wear but thats self inflicted.

5. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Bummer, I may have jinxed my self.
    Another blow on a late, rainy night exiting off 405S a few days ago. Unable to see the eroding roadway covered with water and boom. Instant 42psi reduction to zero on FR 21. Roadside arrived in about 40 min to swap the wheel. Unfortunately, he hit the exact pot hole and sliced his tire too. Grateful for RA at 9:10pm, pelting rain and overall miserable conditions, Jose was pleasant and kind. He had on me my way in a few minutes.