Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" S Plaid Wheels on a 22" X Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just traded my 2021 Model S Plaid with the 21" wheels for a 2022 Model X Plaid with the 20" wheels.

The 22" Wheels from Tesla are really attractive, but I've heard they kill the range and are not nearly as comfortable to ride with.

My thought, with slightly different tire sizes, is to purchase a set of 21" Model S wheels. Should gain back the appearance I am seeking without too many down sides.

Has anyone done this already?

I am considering the same thing, as a few of my potential buyers for my Model S are more interested in my 20” Signature wheels with all-seasons on them than they are in my stock 21”. Just got the X yesterday, and I’m wondering if the 21” from the S are rated for the weight of the X…

FD53B880-4DF2-44BD-A6BA-E7789FE60939.jpeg

I am considering the same thing, as a few of my potential buyers for my Model S are more interested in my 20” Signature wheels with all-seasons on them than they are in my stock 21”. Just got the X yesterday, and I’m wondering if the 21” from the S are rated for the weight of the X…

View attachment 846487
I should mention, the S will likely sell this week, if anyone else is interested in it, I have the information here: pristine 2022 Tesla Model S MSM/BLK 2500 miles, FSD, Xpel wrapped/tinted

Problem is usually the weight rating, not so much the fitment.

Are the newer Plaid wheels stamped with a rating? The only 21's were right on the limit for an X, and definitely a no-go if towing.