Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Silver Arachnids with tires and TPMS sale (referral)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$3000 obo

I just got contacted by Tesla Referral and told to set up a service appointment to get my Arachnids installed. I plan to have them ordered to the Denver Service Center (or maybe Superior if that has opened). Would be great if we can get this set up locally and you can just meet me and pick up at the Service Center or possibly get it installed on your car if you wanted. Obviously new in box as I have not picked them up yet. I would prefer to sell locally but may be willing to ship if unable to sell locally.

I had mine sent to a service center in Hawaii and the buyer picked them up without issue. Just call the service center and ask them to ok it

Keep in mind it can take some time - I think mine took almost two months from the time I selected the location to when they actually showed up.

Have you confirmed that do you have to be at the Service Center to release the Order/ wheels?

I am interested, but I am in WA let me know

It sounds like it is possible (I have seen other posts that said it wasn't released), sounds like Service Center dependent. If you are willing to call your Service Center to make sure they are willing to release it to you, I'll work with you to have it shipped directly to your Service Center. I had requested it get shipped to me last week and was given a 2-3 week ETA so I would need to get the shipping location changed ASAP if sending to a different SvC.

Sold.

In case anyone was curious on timing.
1) Out of the blue (in early May), I decided to email the referral team to check up on my wheelset. I had made the initial request through the phone app in January for the wheel set. Have not heard anything from Tesla.
2) ~1.5 weeks after, referral team emailed me back and confirmed I was eligible and I should set up an appointment with my local SvC.
3) I took a couple weeks to try to sell the rims.
4) I set an appointment for the earliest date available.
5) Received an email a day later stating that the wheel set was ordered and to cancel my current appointment, when the wheel set is received by the SvC they will contact me to set up another appointment to get them installed.
6) 1 week later I was contacted by local SvC that wheels were in and to set up an appointment for install.
7) Set up an appointment 1 week later and had them installed for a happy buyer.

Summary: 1.5 weeks for referral team to acknowledge my reward. 1 week to get wheelset delivered locally. Appointment set 1 week later for install.

All in all I am happy with timing of getting the wheel set minus the fact that if I didn't take an initiative to check up on the reward, not sure if rewards team would have contacted me.