TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

21" Silver Turbine Wheels

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by neptune2000, Jul 13, 2015.

1. neptune2000

Hello to everyone that was at TMC Connect. What a great meeting it was.

I am still putting together the configuration of the Tesla I want. I was going to include the 21" Silver Turbine Wheels but I heard from a few that these would not last more than 6,000 miles, which looks atrocious to me given the extra $4,500 to shell out for them.

Can anyone else share their experience with these? Thanks.

-- Marco

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Great having you at TMC Connect as well. The rims themselves of course should last a lot longer than that assuming you don't hit a massive pothole at speed. The summer tires they come with typically last over 10-15k miles if you rotate the tires on schedule.

3. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I have the 21 conti extreme contact tires and have 10,000 on them at this point. They are cupped and very noisey at this point, I do drive with my suspension in low at all times so probably contributes to this wear.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

@neptune2000 search the forums for 21 wheels and there are threads discussing tire life. It has been a hot topic more than once...