Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21 SR+ headlight too bright?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the latest 21 SR+ 3 that I've picked up in June. I got high beamed so many times from crossed traffic that I'm wondering if my headlights are pointing too high, or are they just too bright for some will think I had the high beam on? I'm sure I was on low beam when I got the flash. Wondering anyone else had the same issue. Thanks.

You need a service appointment for that?

Unless you want to try to adjust them yourself. You can adjust them in the menus, but (HUUUUGGGEEE "BUT"), there is no "return to center" or anything. If you start adjusting them, there is no way to "return them to where they were, automatically", or at least there wasnt.

Unless you have experience with adjusting headlights in other vehicles, I would leave that alone and make a service appointment. These headlights are not that bright (just average, in my opinion) so its almost certain you are getting flashed because yours are aimed wrong (too high).

Unless you want to try to adjust them yourself. You can adjust them in the menus, but (HUUUUGGGEEE "BUT"), there is no "return to center" or anything. If you start adjusting them, there is no way to "return them to where they were, automatically", or at least there wasnt.

Unless you have experience with adjusting headlights in other vehicles, I would leave that alone and make a service appointment. These headlights are not that bright (just average, in my opinion) so its almost certain you are getting flashed because yours are aimed wrong (too high).
A bigggggg warning here as well: When adjusting the headlights manually the new alignment doesn't always save and will randomly revert back to what it was or something completely different.

Tesla Service told me when aligning my headlights that they 'adjust based on your driving style', maybe this has some impact on why they seem to randomly change again, but after manually aligning the random changing just screwed up the alignment and either pointed them at the sky or the ground. :)

I'd suggest just bringing it into service, they'll do the alignment for free.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki