TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

21" Staggered Grey Turbine Wheels + Michelin PS Tires + TPMS + Spare Tire - Bay Area

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by asuresh, Aug 14, 2017.

1. asuresh

asuresh Member

Hi all,

Moving from San Francisco to Chicago at the end of the month and decided to proactively change my tires and wheels out for today for more winter-friendly alternatives.

Wheels are in okay condition, with a decent amount of curb rash as you can see. The car is an early-2014 model and the wheels were used for a little over 55k miles (the rear right wheel is newer, having been replaced for $1,288.50 in September 2016).

Tire tread:
    (Outer) (Center) (Inner)
    9/32 8/32 8/32 -LF
    6/32 7/32 6/32 -RF
    6/32 5/32 4/32 -LR
    4/32 5/32 5/32 -RR

I didn't measure tire tread on the fifth tire (to be used on the front), but I would only use it as a spare given the cosmetic damage on the outside of the tire.

Looking to sell the entire set for $1,500 OBO. Hopefully helps this move quickly given that's less than the cost of one wheel and tire. Local pickup only (located in Lower Pacific Heights in SF). I need this set moved in the next couple of weeks given my moving plans. If no bites, I'll throw it up on eBay in a week.

Thanks!

IMG_9468.JPG IMG_9469.JPG IMG_9470.JPG IMG_9471.JPG IMG_9472.JPG IMG_9473.JPG IMG_9474.JPG Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 11.11.09 PM.png

2. Giovanni1

Giovanni1 New Member

I'll take these I actually live in chicago.

3. battleroyale

battleroyale Member

If they didn't have that much rash I'd pick them up. Good luck with the sale.

• Like x 1
  4. Diana

Diana A.K.A. Kraken's Wife

If your are open to it, how much for just one of the rears? Apparently, I've bent one of mine and I'm my exploring options.

5. asuresh

asuresh Member

Prefer to sell as a set as I fear selling the 3 remaining wheels will be tougher than selling 4 together :(

Also prefer to sell in SF-Bay vs. Chicago as the latter would require me to pay to ship the wheels.

6. asuresh

asuresh Member

PRICE DROP - $1k OBO

Will also throw it on eBay starting at $0.99

7. asuresh

asuresh Member

Pending sale via eBay for $465, so I'll probably net $400 :(

Wish I knew these four plus a fifth tire were worth less than one slipstream wheel, one Goodyear tire and a single TPMS before replacing all four :|

8. Don TLR

Don TLR Member

I should have followed your eBay listing and bid, those went cheap..

9. nickb411

nickb411 Member

I think it really is the issue of the amount of road rash on the wheels and low tread on the tires. Sorry to hear you didn't get more.

Nick

10. dhcp

dhcp Member

Doh, I"m here in SF area and would have picked them up - need to check the forums more often!