Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Staggered tires all seasons?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally there is a solution for staggered 21" all season tires. I had to call discount tire as they are listed on their website, but Toyo now is shipping the Proxes Sport AS is both the 245/35 and 265/35/21 sizes.

Got them installed on my P100D last week and they are quieter than the Summer tires, grip well on a launch and corner very well in the dry and wet. My summer tires were getting a little bald so can't say how they would compare to a fresh set but so far they Toyo are better gripping in every way and are rated as an Ultra high performance all season.
Just though I would share as this is the first matched set of all seasons I have found. Yokohama said the 245 version of the ADVAN sport AS probably won't be out until 2021 because of COVID

I literally just went through this search for my 2015 85D with staggered 21s. I landed on Lexani LX-Twenty. They are all weather, come with a 30,000 mile warranty, and you can't beat a price of ~$110 per tire. I went with the 245/35zr21 (96XL) and 265/40zr21 (105XL) and my out the door cost was $460 on Amazon. Had them installed two days later at a local tire shop for $90 and they handle/sound great. Originally I was a bit worried about the rear set side-wall height because they don't offer a 265/35 but the 265/40 works without issue even on low with the air suspension (note I don't have a lowering kit so I can't speak to that).

Here's a link to the manufacturers page and a carID review if you want more specs/info.

LX-Twenty – Lexani Tires
LEXANI® - LX-TWENTY

I found them. I plan to buy these 21" staggered all season tires from Discount Tire at time of next tire replacement.
upload_2020-7-8_9-37-41.png

• Informative
Reactions: Ozzie66
I looked at all the major manufacturers -- Michelin, Pirelli, Continental, BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Firestone, Goodyear, Nitto, Yokohama, Hankook, and General.

Only a few of those manufacturers even make a 245/35R21. And those that do, every one of them is a summer tire. The lone exception is Pirelli, who makes the SottoZero winter tire in that size.

Look at it this way: If you were to find a staggered set of 21"s in an all-season variant, they would cost you $400 per tire = $1600.

A nearly-new set of 19" Tesla slipstream wheels is going for $900 on eBay, and the Michelin Primacy MXM4 245/45R19 is down to $201 at TireRack. Together, you could outfit yourself with an all-season set of 19" wheels and tires for $1700. This would also be a good set to take a road trip on, as the Primacy's will use 10% less energy than the 21"s.

This is exactly why I bought a set of 19" Tesla Cyclone rims with Michelin MXM All Season tires and tires off a local seller. I put them on for our "road trips" which frequently encounter potholes, dirt & gravel roads, and occasionally snow. They work great and are much easier to find replacements on the road if needed vs. my staggered Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on our Arachnid rims. Oh and they supposedly are more efficient plus offer a slightly smoother & quieter ride too.

These 19" All Season tires worked great in UT CO NV road trips including a snowboard trip to Breckenridge in February with frequent snowy & icy conditions. Traction was incredible with our AWD 2015 P85D too. Easier & safer to drive than the Jeep Grand Cherokee it replaced.

fullsizeoutput_166a.jpeg

Reactions: SomeJoe7777
I found them. I plan to buy these 21" staggered all season tires from Discount Tire at time of next tire replacement.
View attachment 561974
I ordered those yesterday through America's Tire. Today they called and said that the tires are not being manufactured yet and have no confirmed date when they will be. On the bright side they offered to give me the Michelin Super Sports for the same price. America's Tire is the best.

Reactions: BrokerDon
still showing 2 options in stock, I plan to order when next need tires

a good review on the Toyos already posted:

Finally there is a solution for staggered 21" all season tires. I had to call discount tire as they are listed on their website, but Toyo now is shipping the Proxes Sport AS is both the 245/35 and 265/35/21 sizes.

Got them installed on my P100D last week and they are quieter than the Summer tires, grip well on a launch and corner very well in the dry and wet. My summer tires were getting a little bald so can't say how they would compare to a fresh set but so far they Toyo are better gripping in every way and are rated as an Ultra high performance all season.
Just though I would share as this is the first matched set of all seasons I have found. Yokohama said the 245 version of the ADVAN sport AS probably won't be out until 2021 because of COVID

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-29 103659.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-29 103659.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 126
I am waiting for the refresh to deliver and will put AS tires on since I will still bein chilly areas. Now they are saying the tires may be wider than the previous so I guess I need to wait now.

Leaning towards the Yokohams over the Toyos if sizing stays the same.

For what it's worth... the new refresh 21" wheels are apparently 265/35r21 front and 285/35r21 rear... there are few, if any all-season options for that size. I went ahead and ordered the refresh with the included "tempest" wheels, and ordered the existing black 21" Arachnid package from the accessories page. In this size set-up (245/35r21 and 265/35r21) we have at least 2 or 3 all-season options available. I live in Pennsylvania and unfortunately all-seasons make a lot of sense for me over summer tires for a portion of the year.

Would u happen to have any pictures of the rear tires showing the 40 series profile? I recently replaced the slipstreams on my P85+ that the previous owner put on with the original staggered turbines. I'm planning on using up the life of the summer Conti's and would like to run all-seasons year round (PNW area). Happy to see more all-season options coming available! Thanks in advance.

I literally just went through this search for my 2015 85D with staggered 21s. I landed on Lexani LX-Twenty. They are all weather, come with a 30,000 mile warranty, and you can't beat a price of ~$110 per tire. I went with the 245/35zr21 (96XL) and 265/40zr21 (105XL) and my out the door cost was $460 on Amazon. Had them installed two days later at a local tire shop for $90 and they handle/sound great. Originally I was a bit worried about the rear set side-wall height because they don't offer a 265/35 but the 265/40 works without issue even on low with the air suspension (note I don't have a lowering kit so I can't speak to that).

Here's a link to the manufacturers page and a carID review if you want more specs/info.

LX-Twenty – Lexani Tires
LEXANI® - LX-TWENTY

First time uploading images on this forum but I think I've got them attached. If not I'll repost.

20210203_131709.jpg
Would u happen to have any pictures of the rear tires showing the 40 series profile? I recently replaced the slipstreams on my P85+ that the previous owner put on with the original staggered turbines. I'm planning on using up the life of the summer Conti's and would like to run all-seasons year round (PNW area). Happy to see more all-season options coming available! Thanks in advance.[/

For what it's worth... the new refresh 21" wheels are apparently 265/35r21 front and 285/35r21 rear... there are few, if any all-season options for that size. I went ahead and ordered the refresh with the included "tempest" wheels, and ordered the existing black 21" Arachnid package from the accessories page. In this size set-up (245/35r21 and 265/35r21) we have at least 2 or 3 all-season options available. I live in Pennsylvania and unfortunately all-seasons make a lot of sense for me over summer tires for a portion of the year.

Where did you see the refresh tire sizes? I saw the photos on the Tesla site and the tire was a ps4s. Looking on tire rack it doesn’t look like Michelin even makes the tire in that size. I hope this is not the size or at least the wheels have the same specs as the original arachnids

Where did you see the refresh tire sizes? I saw the photos on the Tesla site and the tire was a ps4s. Looking on tire rack it doesn’t look like Michelin even makes the tire in that size. I hope this is not the size or at least the wheels have the same specs as the original arachnids

Someone on the forum zoomed in on the pics on the Model S main page and noticed the front tire size was 265/35r21... but I do not know for sure.