Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Stock Grey Wheel repair recommendations for wheel rash in the Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 21" stock grey turbine wheels and just curbed by left right rim this week and now have wheel rash. Can anyone recommend any good wheel/rim repair shops in the Bay Area (ideally near the Burlingame or San Francisco location)? Since there is no spare tire, I'd also appreciate any feedback on logistically how the repair would work since you would either have to wait there or leave the car since I'm assuming there would need to be some paint matching done? Thanks!

When I was at the Fremont SC a few months ago, in the parking lot there was a truck/van with "Wheel Repair Unit" on the side banner, presumably there to work on behalf of the SC. It might've been Dent Wizard. I'd call the SC and see who they recommend.

From what I know, there are businesses who specialize in coming to your place and repairing curb rashes/repainting on the spot.

http://www.wheeltechniques.com/https://www.google.com/search?q=wheel+techniques#
I did a mobile repair service and won't use them again. They did a good job in "covering up" the curb rash, but the overspray of the clear coat and seeing how they don't add additional material to fix it, never again. They basically sand down your wheels till the curb rash is gone. So if it is a big curb rash, your wheels won't be "round" anymore after sanding. If you love your wheels, get it done right with the link above. If you want a bandaid and "I guess good enough," then do a mobile repair.

When I was at the Fremont SC a few months ago, in the parking lot there was a truck/van with "Wheel Repair Unit" on the side banner, presumably there to work on behalf of the SC. It might've been Dent Wizard. I'd call the SC and see who they recommend.

From what I know, there are businesses who specialize in coming to your place and repairing curb rashes/repainting on the spot.