Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" tires availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I read over in the US sections of the forum and guys are saying the 21" Michelins that were OEM are on back order. And from Tirerack, it doesn't seem like a lot of tire brands make the 245/35 and 265/35 sizes in 21"...

How's the situation in Hong Kong? Did you guys go back to the Tesla dealer for tires or ordered them from your regular tire shops? Just wondering if I should "down grade" from 21" to 19" once I burn through the OEM tires in order to get more choices and availability of tires

Not many choices for 21" if they do, either they don't make them in 265. I got PSS 21/285 for my MS in HK, but I had to order them from Singapore has it was out of stocks which was more $$ compare to tirerack, but tirerack was back ordered for min 2 months. I guess the only better brand for 21 is continental.

Not many choices for 21" if they do, either they don't make them in 265. I got PSS 21/285 for my MS in HK, but I had to order them from Singapore has it was out of stocks which was more $$ compare to tirerack, but tirerack was back ordered for min 2 months. I guess the only better brand for 21 is continental.

Thanks for the heads up, looks like 19" it is if I go after market forged after

Or go for 20, much more choice and cheaper tires. Factory is already 19. I find ordering both wheels and tires from US or Canada including freight is still cheaper buying locally.

Thanks will look into that as well; yea agreed... I bought my last set of tires for my current car online. It depends on the specs of tires you are after; if they're commuter tires for like Priuses then there's plenty and cheap but if you go after higher end wider/lower profile/bigger wheels specs then the choices are limited and prices inflated.

On one hand I understand because I'm also in the retail business and relying on selling to just 7 mil people (not to mention fight over with 100 other competitors doing the same thing) is never going to be as profitable as say selling to a hundreds of millions of people in other countries. And I try to support the local shops but some of the experiences I had just pissed me off to the point I ask myself why should I pay a premium AND get crap service/attitude?