TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

21" Turbine Wheels and VIN

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Tesla S1, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Tesla S1

Tesla S1 Member

Tesla store shows this if wanting to order 21" wheel package:

Tesla PN:

VIN < P50900: 1019311-00-B
    VIN > P50900: 1053755-00-A

Does anyone know what the change is when VIN is above P50900?
    Would 21" wheels from a lower VIN fit VIN above P50900?

2. Sogorman

Sogorman Member

I could be wrong but I believe that there was a TPMS change around that bin range, maybe the 21"s come with TPMS included thus they would need to know the vin.

3. Jeffrey Chen

Jeffrey Chen Member

There is a difference in the TPMS sensors depending the VIN range. The wheels has no different, only the TPMS.

4. Tesla S1

Tesla S1 Member

can wheels be interchanged then? i.e. Can I put Pre VIN 50900 wheels ONTO a later VIN and TPMS will still work?

5. TSLA Pilot

TSLA Pilot Member

No, the VINs are to delineate the TPMS sensor switch over from a Chinese brand (IIRC) to Continental's TPMS. Thus, if you want your TPMS to work, you must have the correct sensors for your VIN.

Good news: the current price for four new Continental TPMS sensors is only $200 ($50 each) plus tax; no idea what the older sensors cost.

p.s. Note that you'll also have a constant warning light if your TPMS isn't working . . .

6. Tesla S1

Tesla S1 Member

Thank you TSLA Pilot. OEM Grey 21" are out of stock and not sure when they will be ready. Looking at AXIS wheels right now that are very similar.