Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" tyres ripped when turning tight...

nowtleft

Apr 16, 2017
Uk
Is this unusual? My tyres touch the car when turning tight and it is stripping outer edge of tyres!!!
Surey Tesla havent fitted wheels too big for the car?

jmaddr

Mar 29, 2019
Florida
Stock size tires? Spacers? Previous accident? Wheel well liners look good and secured? Pics would help.

That should not happen. I've seen something similar when the subframe was not centered on another make. They were not rubbing, but the front subframe was certainly tweaked about 4 mm to the passenger side. I was installing spacers and that's how I noticed.

cookie99

Mar 14, 2016
California
My 21" wheels scrape against the wheel well liners at full lock. The 19s don't.

which tires do you have on it? Whats weird is the turbines on my 2015 also rubbed, but a different set of turbines on my 2018 does not, both had different tires, so i wonder if the sizing is a smidge different depending on brand

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC