Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Uberturbine Offsets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Can anyone confirm what the Uberturbine offets of the wheels are?

I believe it's this according to most sites including Tesla's Parts site.
+40 front
+48 rear

However from Tesla's Shop site for their 21" winter package, it lists it as this.
+45 front
+48 rear

I’m pretty sure the Tesla Shop is incorrect. These are the specs listed in the manual:

40A10E65-D4A5-4439-9866-F3EAFA5F2B8F.jpeg

Reactions: Sango2
Welp...I had a few minutes and happen to have a set of Überturbines laying around. So I got my measuring tape and indulged in some nerdery.

Measured width - 10.5"/2 = 5.25" = 133 mm for the centerline.
Flange to back rim - 7 13/16" = 173 mm.

173mm - 133mm = 40mm offset.

1673371982938.jpeg1673372014127.jpeg1673372023738.jpeg1673372030512.jpeg1673372039540.jpeg

Reactions: Sango2
Thanks for the replies everyone. I had forgotten to reply back on this thread as I had a visual confirmation by looking at pictures of the actual wheels themselves to get the offsets; yes the Tesla shop is not correct.

I eventually plan potentially special ordering Martian wheels 20" staggered in 9" and 10" wheel width respectfully with offsets 6 mm less than the 21" to maintain the original OEM stance look as if I had 21".

1673372624996.png
1673372630101.png

Thanks for the replies everyone. I had forgotten to reply back on this thread as I had a visual confirmation by looking at pictures of the actual wheels themselves to get the offsets; yes the Tesla shop is not correct.

I eventually plan potentially special ordering Martian wheels 20" staggered in 9" and 10" wheel width respectfully with offsets 6 mm less than the 21" to maintain the original OEM look.
DO NOT DO THAT, STAGGERED. Get the Martians in 9.5, wrap them in 275 rubber and then you have the ideal setup. I would not waste my money by "buying" back into a staggered setup. I'm assuming this cuz it'd be insane to spend that much cash on winter wheels. If this is a winter set, buy used geminis and wrap those in winter tires.

Reactions: WyomingEV
DO NOT DO THAT, STAGGERED. Get the Martians in 9.5, wrap them in 275 rubber and then you have the ideal setup. I would not waste my money by "buying" back into a staggered setup. I'm assuming this cuz it'd be insane to spend that much cash on winter wheels. If this is a winter set, buy used geminis and wrap those in winter tires.

It is for an all-around setup intended to replace the 21" set. I did look at the 9.5" wheels but it gave me the pinched impression (wheel looks sinked in) with the max size tire (275) on it even thou it will provide the best amount of wheel protection.

For a winter setup, yes I would go square setup for sure and possibly an 18" if not 19".

It is for an all-around setup intended to replace the 21" set. I did look at the 9.5" wheels but it gave me the pinched impression with the max size tire (275) on it even thou it will provide the best amount of wheel protection.

For a winter setup, yes I would go square setup for sure and possibly an 18" if not 19".
9.5in can take up to 285 and still be in the sweet spot. And technically 275mm is ideal on a 9.5in rim. That will leave you some room to play with spacers to get whatever flushed look you desire. But again, don't waste your money going back to a neutering staggered setup. For winters, yea you can go 18s but beware as 18s do not fit the MYP, thus Geminis or buy the specific 18s built to clear MYP rear brakes.

9.5in can take up to 285 and still be in the sweet spot. And technically 275mm is ideal on a 9.5in rim. That will leave you some room to play with spacers to get whatever flushed look you desire. But again, don't waste your money going back to a neutering staggered setup. For winters, yea you can go 18s but beware as 18s do not fit the MYP, thus Geminis or buy the specific 18s built to clear MYP rear brakes.

I see, you got a point. I do not literally need to change them right now but it was something potentially looking into. Winter set will be first thing I will likely get.

My 21" are fine for now since I am using Alloygator to protect the wheels.

For the wheel sizing, I was using this site for looking at the tire sizes for the wheel.

1673373566940.png

That chart is wrong and probably on the extreme of it's minimum width is potentially dangerous. 255mm on a 9.5 is already two sizes too small. 245mm on 9.5... that just is hyper sketchy. Also tire width sizing is dependant upon aspect ratio which that chart doesn't take into account, imo bad bad chart.

Last edited:
Yeah it likely is on the extreme, where you see like show cars where the tires really stretched out but likely not drivable for actual street use.

Would this still be still neutering if I did 8.5" and 9.5" staggered as well with Martian's existing offering?

Yeah it likely is on the extreme, where you see like show cars where you see the tires really stretched out but likely not drivable for actual street use.

Would this still be still neutering if I did 8.5" and 9.5" staggered as well with Martian's existing offering?

Why are you stuck on staggered? They staggered the wheels on the MYP cuz they were afraid ppl were gonna crash these cars. That did not happen so it's a dumb thing to mimic imo. Staggered means you can not rotate tires so you will wear the rears out sooner. If it was square you can rotate front to back repeat rinse and extend life of your tires.

Why are you stuck on staggered? They staggered the wheels on the MYP cuz they were afraid ppl were gonna crash these cars. That did not happen so it's a dumb thing to mimic imo. Staggered means you can not rotate tires so you will wear the rears out sooner. If it was square you can rotate front to back repeat rinse and extend life of your tires.

Mainly the look and better for acceleration.

One of my previous vehicles I owned was Lexus IS F-Sport (RWD) and it was staggered factory. At the time, I had staggered winter setup (did not change the wheel) with no issues even thou I should of went with a square setup.

I did not have issues with tire wear when I had it even thou you can only swap side to side.

Mainly the look and better for acceleration.

One of my previous vehicles I owned was Lexus IS F-Sport (RWD) and it was staggered factory. At the time, I had staggered winter setup (did not change the wheel) with no issues even thou I should of went with a square setup.
That cuz it's RWD dude. It would be unsafe to have squared on a RWD car. Also it would make no diff on acceleration. If you actually wanted to increase acceleration, it's done by running a narrower but taller front tire because the front motor is used at a different rate than the rear. However this would totally screw up the driving dynamics so its only a drag concept.

Last edited:
That cuz it's RWD dude. It would be unsafe to have squared on a RWD car. Also it would make no diff on acceleration. If you actually wanted to increase acceleration, it's done by running a narrower but taller front tire because the front motor is used at a different rate than the rear. However this would totally screw up the driving dynamics so its only a drag concept.

Yes, that's true; but for winter setup a lot of them went square for winter even thou if it was the RWD variant.

I am no familiar enough with how the the MYP will behave with the square setup. My concern is also I am thinking is the speedometer if doing the square setup on it because I do not know where it is being read from (front or rear)?