Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21 UberTurbine Wheels, what is under the centercap.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anybody verify what is under the centercap for the Uberturbines? I am planning on getting TSportline 20 TSS rims to replace the Uberturbines but also trying to figure out if it comes with black bolts and what the center cap is under the main center cap. Pics would be great if anybody has any. Thanks in advance. And yes my Uberturbines will be onsale after I get my MYP on 9/9. In NJ if anybody is interested.

Regular lug nuts.
You can either get aftermarket lug nuts.
or most people get some set either from Amazon or other vendors to cover those
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 1.08.19 PM.png

Reactions: Spikeitaudi
As already mentioned, they're just ugly silver (zinc) 21mm lug nuts underneath the Uberturbine center cap. I removed my Uberturbines about 20 min after my car was delivered last weekend and have pile of them in a ziplock bag.

I'm running these Gorilla locking lug nuts on my T Sportline wheels. They're pricey but good quality and they're super strong & seat perfectly, and actually look good on the wheels.

Gorilla-Lugnuts.jpg

Reactions: jpy1980 and lchen6
As already mentioned, they're just ugly silver (zinc) 21mm lug nuts underneath the Uberturbine center cap. I removed my Uberturbines about 20 min after my car was delivered last weekend and have pile of them in a ziplock bag.

I'm running these Gorilla locking lug nuts on my T Sportline wheels. They're pricey but good quality and they're super strong & seat perfectly, and actually look good on the wheels.

Gorilla-Lugnuts.jpg
Those look awesome. Congrats. Where did you get the Tesla Center cap. I am going to order the Gorilla‘s Thxs. I just got confirmation from Tsportline they are doing their Labor Day sale starting on Thursday. So that will save some money :)

Those look awesome. Congrats. Where did you get the Tesla Center cap. I am going to order the Gorilla‘s Thxs. I just got confirmation from Tsportline they are doing their Labor Day sale starting on Thursday. So that will save some money :)

The center caps are the original Tesla Model 3 Aero cap kit, which Tesla doesn't sell any more in their shop. The color isn't perfect as the aero caps gray is slightly lighter than the space gray TS5 wheels, but they're close enough looking as black center caps would've looked too dark.

+1 on splined Gorilla lug nuts. I've run them on all my classic cars since discovering them. If you cheap out on lug nuts they will end up looking terrible in less than a year.

Just want to confirm the below is the correct size lug bolts for the MYP Rims? I see many sizes and can't find the Tesla MPY Lug sizes anywhere.

14mm x 1.50 Thread Size, 24-Pack​

Correct. The Model Y (and 3) use a 14mm x 1.50mm thread pitch, with a 60 degree cone seat (not rounded) on the factory wheels.

Technically you only need 20 lug nuts, but having 4 spares would be nice.

I borrowed this pic from another member on here when I was shopping for lug nuts, and the lug nuts that came off of my Performance holding the Uberturbine wheels looked just like this.

Gorilla-Tesla-Lugs.jpg