Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21 Uberturbines to 19 Gemini

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting a MYP but plan to sell the Ubers with the tires as soon as I receive the car. I plan to purchase the Winter package Geminis from Tesla but this disclaimer from the website has had me confused "Note: This package is not compatible with Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive configured with 21" Performance Wheels. " Does this mean it will not fit on the YP? and would it void any warranty if I did?

Upvote 0
Just finished switching my Uberturbines to Gemini wheels on my MYP. Used my original lugs and torqued to spec 129 ft lbs. Haven't driven it yet since the swap but excited to see if there is any performance difference and comfort. I'm using the Gemini wheels for winter set up.

Attachments

• PXL_20211113_202939300.jpg
    PXL_20211113_202939300.jpg
    852.7 KB · Views: 145
  • PXL_20211113_205909019.jpg
    PXL_20211113_205909019.jpg
    885.2 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: MikefromBK
Upvote 0
where'd you get the Geminis from :p
I bought them on this forum from a local seller. Basically brand new with everything included with less than 50 miles for $1700.
How’s the ride? Improved?
This can be all in my head but I did notice a pretty big difference. I've put 14,000 miles on my Uberturbines so I have a good sense of what the car felt like prior to doing the swap. Overall the car feels lighter to me and smoother. Acceleration feels more snappy to me but again probably all in my head 😜. Road noise seems to be the same to me and maybe slightly quieter.

I'm definitely happy with the end result and plan to still keep my Uberturbines for summer set up. My wife will eventually drive the car too so she'll give her honest opinion as she doesn't care about stuff like this. 😆

Upvote 0