Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" wheels now included on Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I losing my mind, or did the website change from the 21" wheels being a $3500 upgrade to included in the price of the Performance S some time today?

I ask because I've been waffling on how to finish my reservation and I could swear they are priced differently now.

I could just be nuts, too.

Am I losing my mind, or did the website change from the 21" wheels being a $3500 upgrade to included in the price of the Performance S some time today?

I ask because I've been waffling on how to finish my reservation and I could swear they are priced differently now.

They've always been included in the price of the performance, and I wish they weren't. I'd really like a 19" summer/performance tire option. But since they are included I'm going with the 21"s. I might try to sell them..

A

They still show as a $3,500 option to me.

My understanding was that they were initially included in the price of the Performance but were taken out with the Jan 1, 2013 price increase.

Last edited:
If you are logged into the site with your reservation attached to your account that was done before Jan 1, you will still see the old pricing... logout and you'll get the revised pricing.. price increase $2,500 and $3,500 for the 21"s

If I made my reservation in December, when I pick the P model I should still get the 21" without the extra charge?

I probably would. You would have to go through the hassle of selling them but someone will buy them at a discount price and you should be able to sell them for more than enough the buy the 19" rims or maybe a swap plus cash trade.

You can also buy just the bare 19" rims from Tesla ahead of time and put whatever tires you want on them too. That way the tires are ready to go when your Model S arrives and don't risk getting rim rash on the 21" rims while driving around.

You can also buy just the bare 19" rims from Tesla ahead of time and put whatever tires you want on them too. That way the tires are ready to go when your Model S arrives and don't risk getting rim rash on the 21" rims while driving around.

Let me know if you find a way to do this. Due to the lack of Winter Wheel package, I've been trying to buy the 19" rims by themselves, and noone at Tesla can figure out how to sell them to me.