Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21" Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently a lurker but planning on a Model S for my next vehicle. Does anyone else agree that for $4,500, the 21" wheels should be directional with the blades facing the same direction when viewing the wheels from both sides of the car? I would think aerodynamics would be affected positively as well. It's an observation and a minor point for such an amazing machine.

I concur to the extent that I sold my brand new P+ staggered 21" wheels, tyres and TPMS sensors included, for less than 50 cents to the dollar. (euro in my case, but you get the idea.)

Last edited:
Currently a lurker but planning on a Model S for my next vehicle. Does anyone else agree that for $4,500, the 21" wheels should be directional with the blades facing the same direction when viewing the wheels from both sides of the car? I would think aerodynamics would be affected positively as well. It's an observation and a minor point for such an amazing machine.
Find someone in your area who shares the same thinking and swap 2 wheels... When you finally order that is! :)

Find someone in your area who shares the same thinking and swap 2 wheels... When you finally order that is! :)

All of the wheels are the same and that is point i'm making. Directional wheels would have right side and left side wheels so the blades point the same direction when viewing the car from either side. Currently the blades point one direction on the right and the other direction on the left.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't find a way to edit my last post so have to add this to another post.
Wheels on the drivers side roll counter clockwise and wheels on the passenger side (U.S.) roll clockwise so whenever wheels are not in perfect symmetry they will appear different on each side unless directional wheels are offered.

Tires.

I checked tirerack.com for tires for the 19s... dozens of choices.

21s... I think you get like 4 choices.

Also in PA we have these things that like to destroy nice cars... called potholes... so yea... 19s for me!

Now that I've had the car a few weeks... Yea, I'd like the 21s for more grip, but what can ya do?