Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

215 miles one way - Reassure me pls....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somehow stumbled into this 2010 blog. Says the big JB apparently did a 300 mile trip with one re-charge … to tow a fridge home !!

Maybe he was trying out 3Ah+ 18650's … and of all people he should know how to upgrade his cells and firmware :wink:

.. and what's with the towbar - I thought that was a no-no … ?!

JBSwithatowbar2.jpg

JBStraubeltowbar.jpg

Reactions: AtAge19
He probably stopped at Hopland. If he was coming all the way up here for a SunFrost then the solar living center is an ideal place to stop in between and clost to the halfway point. That is my plan for all of the trips we make to the bay area. We stop there with our ICE's as it is. It is good to see a roadster doing the trip. It is 'only' 175 miles to Hopland from Arcata then 130 more to Menlo.

Hi Nigel,

Following Doug's advice, you might consider taking Clark Rd (SR-70) East to Arcadia, then Rt-27 South past Palmdale, at about 2/3rds of the way there's an RV Park in Belle Glade a few miles off of Rt-27. Then back on Rt-27 to I-75, then I-595 to I-95 to Dania Beach.

I've never taken this route, but its still 215 miles along much slower roads with an RV Park (Lotts Trailer Park) along the way just in case. I can't picture driving at 55 mph along Alligator Alley. :scared:

Food for thought.

Larry

If you follow the route as described; I found many RV parks and Camp Grounds that you would be able to charge your Roadster. I used Google Maps and asked for "RV Parks in Southern Florida". The only major stretch of road that did not have charging resources was on Alligator Alley. The trip sound real cool and I do think the Roadster would be able to make the trip on a single charge. Have a safe trip.

Which screen do you look at for Wh/mile when you're on a long trip. The one that shows average/instantaneous over the last 5, 15, or 30 miles or the trip screen that seems to show an average? Thanks.

Which screen do you look at for Wh/mile when you're on a long trip. The one that shows average/instantaneous over the last 5, 15, or 30 miles or the trip screen that seems to show an average? Thanks.

I look at the screen with the graph and average/instantaneous. Incidentally, the instantaneous isn't. It's very obviously still a rolling average, because if you suddenly start or stop it ramps up/down slowly. The time constant is long enough to see it on the graph.