Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$215k OBO: 2016 Tesla Model X P90D Signature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's already a precedent for people paying a premium for these things... It only takes one person (well, maybe two now since that first person got bonnie's :)) to want one bad enough. Best of luck with the sale.

There have been premiums paid for early deliveries since Roadster days. To be clear, I did not buy Sig 2 with the intention of selling. Things just kind of happened - confirmed my sig order, qualified for a Founders through the referral program, had someone interested. It all worked out. And I know of a few other Signatures who have done similar.

I was in no way disparaging you or anyone else that has sold especially if it was for a premium. I was expecting a fair bit of snark against the OP throughout this thread, it seems that people are actually being fairly reasonable. I'm more jealous that you got a hold of a Founder's series, I'll happily disparage you for that. ;);):)

I was in no way disparaging you or anyone else that has sold especially if it was for a premium. I was expecting a fair bit of snark against the OP throughout this thread, it seems that people are actually being fairly reasonable. I'm more jealous that you got a hold of a Founder's series, I'll happily disparage you for that. ;);):)

No worries. It was an unexpected bonus, def not something I'd thought about doing. Disparage away. :)

There have been premiums paid for early deliveries since Roadster days. To be clear, I did not buy Sig 2 with the intention of selling. Things just kind of happened - confirmed my sig order, qualified for a Founders through the referral program, had someone interested. It all worked out. And I know of a few other Signatures who have done similar.

Super jealous Bonnie and I would have done exactly the same thing.

Welcome to the free market. Where buyers and sellers can voluntarily make mutually beneficial trades -- or not. No harm in trying to sell at a price that reflects estimated high demand and low supply. Tesla certainly does that with the P pricing and accelerated delivery.

"A fool and his money are soon parted" ... :cool:

ion-financial_adviser-finacial_advisor-a_fool_and_his_money_are_soon_parted-economy-03130522_low.jpg

Last edited:
As you can see, we spec'd the car the way WE wanted it. We had no intention of selling it. Therefore, if we don't sell it, we have no problem keeping it, as it is built to our specifications.

You are pricing it obviously with the intention of not selling it unless you get very, very extremely lucky. Considering it doesn't have Ludicrous it makes it even more so.