Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$215k OBO: 2016 Tesla Model X P90D Signature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given the choice between:

1) putting down a $40k deposit in 2012 for a vehicle and car company with massive uncertainty and paying another $95,000 in 2016 to finally get the car
vs
2) paying $215k only now for a car that you can inspect and take delivery of right now and know exactly what you are getting.

#2 will be a better deal for many people.

Especially when you factor in the opportunity cost and risk of the $40k deposit locked up since 2012.

Putting the $40k into TSLA or even the S&P 500 in 2012, and then buying a Model X in 2016 for $215k would be a better economic deal for anyone.

In fact I would say that the person who buys this Model X now for $215k (and thus was not out $40k since ~2012) made a financially better decision than everyone who was out 40k since 2012/2013 waiting for a car that they knew virtually nothing about from a company that was still very uncertain.

Risk and time = money

Pay $ to avoid risk and delay -- perfectly reasonable trade-off.

Seems extremely unwelcoming to put eBay listings for competing offerings into someone's TMC for sale thread. I had a very positive experience selling my vehicle on this site last month, but if I had seen this thread and the holier-than-thou reactions on display here I daresay I would have thought twice about posting my own listing. FWIW...

The original MSRP was only $134k with no Ludicrous mode ... this is not a sane deal.
Keep in mind that the factory plans to produce 30- 40,000 Model X vehicles in 2016 :cool:
96bf974a-e12f-4e90-924c-e9fe3b784475.jpe

Last edited:
Seems extremely unwelcoming to put eBay listings for competing offerings into someone's TMC for sale thread. I had a very positive experience selling my vehicle on this site last month, but if I had seen this thread and the holier-than-thou reactions on display here I daresay I would have thought twice about posting my own listing. FWIW...

Clearly you have not read a lot of the sale listings on this site, a lot of them are like this. I personally will not be listing my car on this site when I sell it.

Mod Note: Some posts moved to snippiness. Please keep in mind that discussion in this subforum should be between the seller and interested buyers. Additionally, our normal rules of etiquette also apply.