Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21's or 22's on my 2018 Model S 75D?

21's or 22's on my 2018 Model S 75D?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. So you went from 247 @90% with 19" to 229 @90% with 22"s? That's about 7.2%. Which is less than I would have expected.

Did you have to "roll" the wheel wells to avoid rubbing? Or use spacers or something like that? That's some wide rubber you have there.

255/30/22 = 28.1 inches
305/25/22 =28 inches

stock 19
245/45/19 =27.8 inches

no spacers
front et35
rears et 35

I prefer et 25 in fronts

no rubbing at all

ordering lowering brackets from unplugged performance to lower the car more

pictures taken with smart air suspension at lowest setting

Last edited:
I had a side blowout also on the 21's.

sigh... i had 2 already...
both on days that rained, as we had a lot of rain this year starting....

wet puddle.. cant gauge how deep the pot hole is... bam... #@$#@%^@!
gg, $350-$380 dollar bill you will be fronting on replacing that super sports you just bubbled. <--- this is is the good bad ending scenario.... heaven forbid if you hit that pothole harder and dinged your rims...

i vowed if i ever ding'd my rim, that day i go off and buy 19's and shelf my 21's for another drought season.

I literally just removed my 22"s about an hour ago. I was on stock 19"s and they were great, but I wanted an aftermarket wheel and the more aggressive look. I went with 22" Vossens and they look sooooo damn good. I got compliments on the wheels alone, let alone put together with the entire car. I took it to the body shop and everyone there loved how agressive the car looked.

The catch for me is that i got them because i love the agressive/sporty look on cars (I have a Lexus also on Vossens but 20") but i commute 100 miles to work every day and 100 back home. I did this for a couple of months on the 22" sand the ride wasnt too bad. Maybe im just not particularly picky, but the ride wasnt too bad. I did feel the road a little more and of course bumps/holes you can definitely feel them. but i know my commute and know where to avoid the few bad areas. Other than that my commute road is very clean. Needless to say, i didnt mind the ride, what was killing me was the range!! I immediately noticed it was taking up to 40 miles of additional range to commute 100 miles. So at work i would have to plug in my car much longer, which was starting to add up and not making sense. I finally took them off today. I already miss the look, but with such a far commute i dont want to keep sucking up that much electricty, and also ruin such a beautiful set of wheels. If i didnt travel so much, I'd 100% keep them!

Does anyone have any info/advice on how well their 20"s did on range? I'm going to sell these 22" and get 20"s if they help my range.

I bought my 20s from EvWheels which manufacturer heavier wheels than what I expected. I commute from Menlo Park CA to Madera every other week and lose about 30 miles for every 100 miles I drive at about 70-80mph. There is also a higher elevation through the Hollister pass.

lose about 30 miles for every 100 miles

ouch ... that makes me wonder how much i lose for having 21's.
sigh.... each time i read threads like this, it makes me more and more lean to getting 19's.
The only thing holding me back is the fact a P100D does not look or sit right with 19's....

Its like having a super model dress up in full ski outfit not allowing her to show off any of her curves, and saying its for efficiency and protection... :oops:

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari