TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

21st Century Car Whitepaper

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by malcolm, Jan 11, 2008.

1. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

2. graham

graham Active Member

Does anyone have a copy of the original white paper lying around? I read it a long time ago, but I do not trust my memory. It will be interesting to compare the original with the new version when it comes out. The differences between the two should highlight any changes in the future direction of the company.

3. Iz

Iz EVs are here to stay

Have one with a 7/28/2006 date. Tried to attach the document and received a message indicating the 157.7 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB.

4. CamronCamera

CamronCamera New Member

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I recall that they kept editing that document based on changes to the roadster specs. For instance, the document at the link provided is the original one and says:

"an electric motor"..."continues to deliver high power beyond 13,500 rpm."

"a typical gasoline car can go more than 250 miles on a tank of gas."

I recall that these values were later changed to 13,000 and 200 respectively.

Also that document talks about no need for a clutch, and that was later removed. Perhaps they need to do more edits to the document to keep it in line with further evolving Roadster specs?

6. donauker

donauker Member

I have a feeling that the allowance for a "range extender" will be added as part of the update.